TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger Manchester Tennessee

Discussion in 'Southeast' started by WINGIT, Mar 24, 2018.

1. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

We saw this Supercharger last January at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Manchester. At the time it was not operational. Does anyone know if it it is now in service?

504E389D-9025-46FE-9967-4E146A4237A4.jpeg

• Informative x 1
  2. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Well.. it looks like you've found a new one! Seems this thread is all the info there is on the forum and it isn't on supercharge.info.

It appears there is an entry on Google Maps (even though its not open... grrr.. people could think it is live) with a photo from Feb 2018, very similar to yours (but with less snow!)

• Disagree x 1
  3. anonim1979

anonim1979 Member

A copy of that photo from Google:
    [​IMG]

4. gfb107

gfb107 Member

5. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

Tip: Check supercharge.info just before you tag Blueshift. He's a busy guy, don't want to distract him unnecessarily!

6. Hey_Hey

Hey_Hey Member

This will be really nice to have when trying to get from Nashville to Atlanta (or vice versa). The Chattanooga supercharger adds 15-20 minutes to the trip because it is out of the way. I’m making that trip on Saturday so I will stop by and see if it is operational.

• Like x 1
  7. Hey_Hey

Hey_Hey Member

Still not operational. This is a very convenient location, though, and I would definitely stop there instead of Chattanooga if given the choice. It is directly behind a Dunkin Donuts and next to several fast food joints. It is only 1/4 mile or so off the interstate as well.

8. WINGIT

WINGIT Supporting Member

@Hey_Hey - thanks for the update. Yes, much more convenient than Chattanooga.

9. Jim T

Jim T Member

I'm in Murfreesboro less than 40 miles away. Been waiting patiently (or not) since way last year when it appeared on the Tesla charger map with the annotation "to be completed by the end of 2017". This location would be VERY convenient when headed down I-24.... So, who do we contact at Tesla , Inc. to get this site 'fired up'?

10. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

Stopped by a couple hours ago and it's still a no go. It was dark and not well lit at all but I couldn't even find a transformer.

• Like x 1
  11. DrRa

DrRa Member

Thanks for stopping. They definitely look like transformers behind the bushes in the pictures

12. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

You mean the white supercharger cabinets? Those definitely aren't the transformer.

13. Jim T

Jim T Member

Was hoping against hope for some 'good news', as I am heading that way next weekend. Will stop by and 'eyeball' it to see what, if anything is up... Will let you'all know what is what...

• Like x 3
  14. Logger

Logger Member

Excited to hear your report on Monday, or whenever you get back from your trip.

15. Jim T

Jim T Member

Stopped by the Manchester supercharger @8:40 this morning (in a light drizzle). Everything looks complete, except there are no 'white lines' delineating the charger 'slots'. Not knowing what else to do to determine whether working or not, I plugged one of the charger cables into my Model S (twice). Instead of the 'friendly' blinking green peripheral light, the socket immediately went black (both times), i.e., 'off'. I took this as a firm indication that the chargers are 'not operational' and went on my way. So... Still 'waiting'.

• Informative x 2
    • Like x 2
  16. ceric930

ceric930 Member

Wonder when this would become operational. It is a very strategic location to eliminate the need to go through Chattanooga which not only add 10-15 mins to the travel but also have to wait for a slow charge given the % of charge when arrival.

17. Logger

Logger Member

I submitted a question to Tesla asking about this. Explaining that it has been installed for a while but not activated and requesting any information they might have as to when it would be turned on. When I hear back I'll report.

• Like x 1
  18. Jim T

Jim T Member

Thanks for contacting Tesla.... Maybe we'll find out why it's not operational... I mentioned the 'problem' with the Manchester charger at the Brentwood Tesla Store. Their answer was "possibly Dunkin' Donuts had reneged on their agreement with Tesla."

• Like x 1
  19. bkp_duke

bkp_duke Active Member

Doubtful. You don't go through construction unless you have a contract in place. At that point, both parties are committed.

• Like x 1
  20. PLUS EV

PLUS EV Running on Empty

In my experience, employees at service centers and showrooms have no idea what is going on with supercharger construction. They just repeat some type of company line or hearsay. Possibly exception is superchargers that are physically located at a service center.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1