Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

WINGIT

Supporting Member
Feb 11, 2018
Georgia
We saw this Supercharger last January at a Dunkin’ Donuts in Manchester. At the time it was not operational. Does anyone know if it it is now in service?

504E389D-9025-46FE-9967-4E146A4237A4.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq
Well.. it looks like you've found a new one! Seems this thread is all the info there is on the forum and it isn't on supercharge.info.

It appears there is an entry on Google Maps (even though its not open... grrr.. people could think it is live) with a photo from Feb 2018, very similar to yours (but with less snow!)

• Disagree
Reactions: Rusty1
This will be really nice to have when trying to get from Nashville to Atlanta (or vice versa). The Chattanooga supercharger adds 15-20 minutes to the trip because it is out of the way. I’m making that trip on Saturday so I will stop by and see if it is operational.

Reactions: WINGIT
Still not operational. This is a very convenient location, though, and I would definitely stop there instead of Chattanooga if given the choice. It is directly behind a Dunkin Donuts and next to several fast food joints. It is only 1/4 mile or so off the interstate as well.

I'm in Murfreesboro less than 40 miles away. Been waiting patiently (or not) since way last year when it appeared on the Tesla charger map with the annotation "to be completed by the end of 2017". This location would be VERY convenient when headed down I-24.... So, who do we contact at Tesla , Inc. to get this site 'fired up'?

Stopped by the Manchester supercharger @8:40 this morning (in a light drizzle). Everything looks complete, except there are no 'white lines' delineating the charger 'slots'. Not knowing what else to do to determine whether working or not, I plugged one of the charger cables into my Model S (twice). Instead of the 'friendly' blinking green peripheral light, the socket immediately went black (both times), i.e., 'off'. I took this as a firm indication that the chargers are 'not operational' and went on my way. So... Still 'waiting'.

Wonder when this would become operational. It is a very strategic location to eliminate the need to go through Chattanooga which not only add 10-15 mins to the travel but also have to wait for a slow charge given the % of charge when arrival.

I submitted a question to Tesla asking about this. Explaining that it has been installed for a while but not activated and requesting any information they might have as to when it would be turned on. When I hear back I'll report.
Thanks for contacting Tesla.... Maybe we'll find out why it's not operational... I mentioned the 'problem' with the Manchester charger at the Brentwood Tesla Store. Their answer was "possibly Dunkin' Donuts had reneged on their agreement with Tesla."

Thanks for contacting Tesla.... Maybe we'll find out why it's not operational... I mentioned the 'problem' with the Manchester charger at the Brentwood Tesla Store. Their answer was "possibly Dunkin' Donuts had reneged on their agreement with Tesla."

Doubtful. You don't go through construction unless you have a contract in place. At that point, both parties are committed.

In my experience, employees at service centers and showrooms have no idea what is going on with supercharger construction. They just repeat some type of company line or hearsay. Possibly exception is superchargers that are physically located at a service center.

• Informative
Reactions: WINGIT and Chuq