Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It may look complete but looks can be deceiving. I was at this location and I couldn't find the transformer. It was after dark so maybe I was mistaken, but given that it's still not open, I'm guessing the issue is electrical, which would be a hold up with the local government or utility.

Also, wrt your last point, Tesla typically updates the Nav and their website within a few days after a supercharger is turned out, but yes there is a period where it is typically unknown. If you want updates that are closer to real time, check supercharge.info and/or the TMC thread for the particular supercharger. If you want to be the first to charge at a location, you'll just have to make an educated guess and gamble that it might be open :)
Hate to break it to ya- but it is not all that uncommon for them to be functional for several weeks, but still not showing up as operational. The most recent we've gone to like that was in Tampa. This is why it is so helpful to have locals sharing the intelligence.

Called up the Mayor's office in Manchester. The nice lady on the phone told me that they were working on the supercharging station this week and she thinks they're close to being finished with it. We'll be traveling that way this Sunday, but it will be my wife, our 3 pets and myself and really not planning for any deviations from the trip that we don't need to take. That being said if it happens to show online on the Tesla navigation we'll definitely use it as it would save a good 30 minutes I feel on our trip. We could make it through TN without the detour to the Supercharger in Brentwood and then the one in Chattanooga. Both a good ways off the route we're taking.

Reactions: DrRa
I stopped by on Monday (5/7) and asked the staff at Dunkin Donuts about the status. I was told that the goal is by the end of May and definitely before Bonnaroo starts on June 7. With so much interest in this location, I hope it will be online soon.

• Informative
Reactions: SigNC
Just stopped by this morning (Wednesday 6/27) and still no change. One thing I read while waiting for a previous supercharger, is that the last thing they do is put numbers on the stalls. There’s still no numbers on the stall, but everything else seems to be complete. There was no sign of construction or other workers on site. Hopefully we’re getting close... I should be able to stop by again next week.

Just stopped by this morning (Wednesday 6/27) and still no change. One thing I read while waiting for a previous supercharger, is that the last thing they do is put numbers on the stalls. There’s still no numbers on the stall, but everything else seems to be complete. There was no sign of construction or other workers on site. Hopefully we’re getting close... I should be able to stop by again next week.
Thanks for checking on it. This one would help us a lot so I really appreciate status updates.

Reactions: WINGIT