Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manchester, TN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
from JimT: Charged for first time at the Manchester site around noon on Thursday (1B). All went well. Started @ 116 KW with battery 60% full. Added 129 miles in 42 minutes to nearly fill battery (319 miles) for trip to Auburn AL via Huntsville. Plan to fill battery again on return trip Tuesday, being fairly close to empty. (Had 39 miles left upon arrival in Auburn.) Will let ya' know how that goes...
Charged again on Tuesday (7/10)... All went well... Started at 30+ miles and charged to 250 miles within the expected time for 120 KW Charger... Both times we stopped, there was 1 other Model S charging. (Both Red.)

We have stopped twice to charge Wingit. Once Friday at about 4pm and this morning at about 8am. Great place. Lots of food in the area. Friendly staff at Dunkin Donuts. Less than .2 miles off the interstate.

Both times starting mph was over 320. Woo Hoo! And not another Tesla in sight.

I make the drive in my Model S 85 between Hendersonville, TN (north of Nashville) and Atlanta reasonably regularly. This is going to be really nice for those cold days/nights in the winter when the energy usage is super high and the distance between home and Chattanooga is just a little too far. I've had a few nights of cold toes because I couldn't blast the heat for fear of not having enough electrons to make it all the way home - no more.... and I can get a donut at the same time! ;-)

Reactions: WINGIT
84C1EC5D-AFEA-4B4E-89B9-FD7765F65542.jpeg
Interesting that this doesn’t have a proper transformer. I’ve not come across this set up before.

View attachment 320252 Interesting that this doesn’t have a proper transformer. I’ve not come across this set up before.
Maybe that's why it took so long to get the site "on-line". Seven months from first sighting that appeared to be 'completed'. (See post#1)... Charged there three times this month (July). Frequent trips to and from Huntsville are a bit longer, but it solves the "where to charge" issue better than did Athens, AL; works great and is fast.

Reactions: nogajim and WINGIT
I used it several times a few weeks ago. I noticed that the drive-in charger started slow, so I moved to a back-in. A service guy was there working on the far end station during one of the visits. Lots of food choices, and I got a good price on the Microtel hotel for a quick stopover when I couldn’t make it to Nashville from the SC shore.

At the Manchester supercharger now on way to Atlanta and had to try 3 different chargers before I found one that would work! Very concerning, especially with the wife and kids along. Tried calling Tesla to alert them but the phone system said I’d be on hold for 20+ minutes! Here’s hoping chattanooga is in decent shape.....

I found the best way to report "bad" chargers is to call when driving away. Do all the touchtone entries before leaving, but just stay on hold when driving.
:)

Reactions: nogajim
At the Manchester supercharger now on way to Atlanta and had to try 3 different chargers before I found one that would work! Very concerning, especially with the wife and kids along. Tried calling Tesla to alert them but the phone system said I’d be on hold for 20+ minutes! Here’s hoping chattanooga is in decent shape.....

We were there the same day! Didn't have any issues on the one we parked at though so either someone got a hold of them or we parked lucky. I can't wait for the Supercharger to be installed in Northwest Atlanta so we can bypass Chattanooga. It's just so far off the path going from Atlanta to Nashville. Doesn't help it's only 6 stalls. The other day we arrived just as the 6th person was leaving so we had a spot.

I had a travel situation recently where I thought I was encountering a lot of bad chargers because I’d eventually have success. Turned out it was my car that was the problem. After it got fixed, I never encountered another “problem” charger.

I stopped here on 12/26 and 1/2. On 1/2, I noticed on the map in the car that it said only 74 kw of charging available (with zero stalls occupied) and it said my charging time would be 1 hour 30 minutes, however once I arrived and plugged in, I was getting 120 kw of charging. Still took about an hour both ways (so we could make it to Kuttawa, KY or back to Atlanta) due to needing to charge to 90%, but odd that the power reported on the map is lower than what we got at the charger. Given reports above in this thread about trouble charging here, it makes me wonder if this charger is still being worked on?

I stopped here on 12/26 and 1/2. On 1/2, I noticed on the map in the car that it said only 74 kw of charging available (with zero stalls occupied) and it said my charging time would be 1 hour 30 minutes, however once I arrived and plugged in, I was getting 120 kw of charging. Still took about an hour both ways (so we could make it to Kuttawa, KY or back to Atlanta) due to needing to charge to 90%, but odd that the power reported on the map is lower than what we got at the charger. Given reports above in this thread about trouble charging here, it makes me wonder if this charger is still being worked on?
They must be mislabeled as urban chargers.