Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The final cut of the 8th episode of the Tesla Motors Club Podcast, featuring Balazs Biro, of the prominent Hungarian EV channel Villanyautósok, is now available. You can watch it now on YouTube or listen to it on all major podcast networks.

Supercharger - Mandeville, LA

corywright

supercharge.info editor
Supporting Member
Jul 27, 2016
Richmond, VA
Good access to the causeway, and can take some strain off the BR Supercharger. It’s a Stirling Properties location, they also mange the shopping center that has the Slidell and Lafayette Superchargers, so hopefully it goes through this time. They submitted a ticket for this location a few years ago at almost the same spot, but never started construction.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Mandeville, LA

Along Primary Interstates: I-12
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-190
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-12

To: End (I-10 Slidell, LA) - 26.6 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles

To: Slidell, LA (I-12, I-10) - 29.7 miles

To: D'Iberville, MS (I-12, I-10) - 80.5 miles

To: Metairie, LA (I-12, US-190, LA-LPC*) - 35.7 miles
To: McComb, MS (I-12, I-55) - 76.3 miles

Looks like I-12 finally gets a Supercharger.

Splits the 194.8 mile v3 Supercharger gap I-10-I-12-I-10 between Lafayette, LA and D'Iberville, MS, so helps avoid v2 stops at Baton Rouge, LA and the large diversion to Slidell, LA.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Good access to the causeway, and can take some strain off the BR Supercharger. It’s a Stirling Properties location, they also mange the shopping center that has the Slidell and Lafayette Superchargers, so hopefully it goes through this time. They submitted a ticket for this location a few years ago at almost the same spot, but never started construction.
I thought I remembered something in Covington. I didn't remember it as this exact site, but something sort of close. Brewster Rd. seemed familiar.

Not much info there (only 2 posts), but the old thread was at Supercharger - Covington, LA

And for whatever reason that thread never included a link to that original utility location request from 2018, but here it is.

• Informative
Reactions: corywright
Covington seems like the correct city. First of course that’s where the Target is. It’s also right off the interstate compared to Mandeville. And they are adding a supercharger in Metairie which is a solution to the causeway traffic. Mandeville just makes less sense as a priority compared to Covington.

As a new Tesla owner from the Northshore, I didn’t even realize there were no super chargers on the Southshore yet. Of course I realize that now that I am here with 20% battery.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA

Tesla was granted a zoning waiver for their supercharger plans at the St. Tammany Parish Board of Adjustment meeting on 2021-07-06. In the discussion of the project, they gave the station details: 12 V3 superchargers (using 3 prefab set ups) and 4 L2 charging stalls.

1632430759448.png

Was in the area today so went by to see if any signs of this but couldn't find any. The remodel of the store is complete and all the construction trailers in the parking lot are gone but no signs of supercharger construction anywhere I could find around the Target parking lot,
Thanks for the update. I don't know why Tesla is dragging their feet on this one. I wonder if someone should contact Dewberry Engineering.

• Funny
Reactions: ChrisC

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC