Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Covington, LA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

BerTX

Supporting Member
May 2, 2014
Texas/Washington
There is a utility survey for a Supercharger location in Covington, LA. Utility surveys are not always an indication of siting, but almost always there has to be one for construction to begin.

The location is at the River Chase shopping center at the intersection of L-21 and Brewster, stated to be in the Belk parking lot.

If someone in the area can check it out, that would be great.

Good access to the causeway, and can take some strain off the BR Supercharger. It’s a Stirling Properties location, they also mange the shopping center that has the Slidell and Lafayette Superchargers, so hopefully it goes through this time. They submitted a ticket for this location a few years ago at almost the same spot, but never started construction.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Mandeville, LA

Along Primary Interstates: I-12
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-190
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-12

To: End (I-10 Slidell, LA) - 26.6 miles
Diversion: 0.8 miles

To: Slidell, LA (I-12, I-10) - 29.7 miles

To: D'Iberville, MS (I-12, I-10) - 80.5 miles

To: Metairie, LA (I-12, US-190, LA-LPC*) - 35.7 miles
To: McComb, MS (I-12, I-55) - 76.3 miles

Looks like I-12 finally gets a Supercharger.

Splits the 194.8 mile v3 Supercharger gap I-10-I-12-I-10 between Lafayette, LA and D'Iberville, MS, so helps avoid v2 stops at Baton Rouge, LA and the large diversion to Slidell, LA.

Reactions: PStewart
Good access to the causeway, and can take some strain off the BR Supercharger. It’s a Stirling Properties location, they also mange the shopping center that has the Slidell and Lafayette Superchargers, so hopefully it goes through this time. They submitted a ticket for this location a few years ago at almost the same spot, but never started construction.
I thought I remembered something in Covington. I didn't remember it as this exact site, but something sort of close. Brewster Rd. seemed familiar.

Not much info there (only 2 posts), but the old thread was at Supercharger - Covington, LA

And for whatever reason that thread never included a link to that original utility location request from 2018, but here it is.

• Informative
Reactions: corywright
Covington seems like the correct city. First of course that’s where the Target is. It’s also right off the interstate compared to Mandeville. And they are adding a supercharger in Metairie which is a solution to the causeway traffic. Mandeville just makes less sense as a priority compared to Covington.

As a new Tesla owner from the Northshore, I didn’t even realize there were no super chargers on the Southshore yet. Of course I realize that now that I am here with 20% battery.

Tesla was granted a zoning waiver for their supercharger plans at the St. Tammany Parish Board of Adjustment meeting on 2021-07-06. In the discussion of the project, they gave the station details: 12 V3 superchargers (using 3 prefab set ups) and 4 L2 charging stalls.

1632430759448.png

Was in the area today so went by to see if any signs of this but couldn't find any. The remodel of the store is complete and all the construction trailers in the parking lot are gone but no signs of supercharger construction anywhere I could find around the Target parking lot,
Thanks for the update. I don't know why Tesla is dragging their feet on this one. I wonder if someone should contact Dewberry Engineering.

• Funny
Reactions: Texshark and ChrisC
Supercharge.info reset the amount of days the charger has been in permit mode and listed it as a new project under the updates section. Might be an automated glitch but is probably a sign that the station will finally get built.

Yep - we'll fix that today. I didn't realize there was an existing pin under a different name, and created a new one.

This might be the real thing, 4 years later.

Google Maps link to the lat and long in that permit: 30°26'36.7"N 90°08'29.6"W · LA-21, Covington, LA 70433

Address of the adjacent Target:
69320 LA-21
Covington, LA 70433

Copying permit info into this thread in case that link breaks:

DIG SITE LOCATION
State: LA
Place: COVINGTON
Address: 69320
Street: STATE HWY 21
Intersecting Street: E BREWSTER RD
Specific Location of Work: THE FIRST POINT OF THE EXCAVATION POLYGON IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 510 FEET E FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HWY 21 AND E BREWSTER RD.

DIG SITE INFORMATION
Type of Work: UNDERGROUND CONDUIT
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Duration: 4 WEEKS
Remarks: THE DIG LOCATION IS IN THE PARKING LOT OF TARGET

Reactions: Raisin45567
Google Maps link to the lat and long in that permit: 30°26'36.7"N 90°08'29.6"W · LA-21, Covington, LA 70433

Address of the adjacent Target:
69320 LA-21
Covington, LA 70433

Copying permit info into this thread in case that link breaks:

DIG SITE LOCATION
State: LA
Place: COVINGTON
Address: 69320
Street: STATE HWY 21
Intersecting Street: E BREWSTER RD
Specific Location of Work: THE FIRST POINT OF THE EXCAVATION POLYGON IS LOCATED APPROXIMATELY 510 FEET E FROM THE INTERSECTION OF STATE HWY 21 AND E BREWSTER RD.

DIG SITE INFORMATION
Type of Work: UNDERGROUND CONDUIT
Work Being Done For: TESLA
Duration: 4 WEEKS
Remarks: THE DIG LOCATION IS IN THE PARKING LOT OF TARGET
So maybe construction begins tomorrow?