Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manhattan Beach, CA (LIVE 6 Dec 2018, 24 Urban stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's interesting that they cored through the floor for the conduit. I didn't notice it in the earlier pictures. The charger cabinets must be on the lower level.

The cabinets are to the north of the stalls on the same floor. There are entry and exit ways in between the stalls and the cabinets and they probably didn’t want ugly conduit going up and over. Since this install was done in conjunction with the build of the parking lot, they were able to complete a clean install vs a retrofit in an existing lot.

Was here on Saturday afternoon. It's a very curious installation, the charging spots are placed at an already natural choke point for garage traffic and flow. Nothing can be done about it but it's head scratching why they would put the EV area in such bad spot.

Reactions: Maaz
Walked over and snapped a few photos this weekend.

E535E92F-69F3-45F0-8D0A-7908F1277D0B.jpeg
8A583415-B993-4AC4-9057-69E880821037.jpeg
EBDB7AF0-1DBF-40FA-8595-99905C238FE2.jpeg
C4CE26AD-5AC5-4256-8068-E25CCEC4877F.jpeg

These are the Tesla urban chargers. Does anyone know about how many miles you get per hour of charging. I believe they are 72kwh max.
Yes, those are the urban-style chargers which get a max of 72 kW. But how many range miles per hour of charging @ 72 kW you get will depend on your car's efficiency. That's why it's better to describe charging solely by charge power in kW. That way each owner can convert to rated distance for their own vehicle.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
I stopped by yesterday at around 8pm while i waited for my wife to land at LAX. It took about 35 minutes to go from 60 range miles to 190 and gave me plenty of time to walk around and visit the shops. It looks like Macy's is downsizing but their revitalization project looks promising. An outdoor urban park and restaurant drag should enhance business.