Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manhattan - Vesey St, NY

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Galve2000

May 20, 2013
NYC
Hey guys,

A new SCer location opened up on Vesey Street in Battery Park City.

I don't have the exact address handy, and it did not show up on the Find Us, Tesla web page, but it does show up on the in car Nav and the Tesla mobile app charging screen as a nearby SCer. I will try to attach a screen shot here.

It is an urban charger max 72 kW.

Tesla Supercharger Vessety St 2020-01-28 at 12.20.54 PM.jpg

how do we get @BlueShift to investigate?

I'm familiar with this area but never used that particular garage before. The garage entrance is actually off North End Ave, but there's a security booth at the corner of North End and Vesey. Post-9/11 they have bollards that have to be lowered to get to that block and I'm not exactly sure how that works.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    2.3 MB · Views: 202
  • Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Cannot recommend this SC if you really need a charge. Once the 4 stalls are filled, there is no waiting list, queue or anything like that. They just say "too bad", and make you leave. The grace period is 10 min, so if you go down and they're full, leave within 10 min and you won't be charged. They said 1 SC available, but when I went down there were zero.

I decided to stop by this location yesterday as I needed a charge and didn't have time to drive out to Williamsburg last night anbd I had another disappointing charging experience.

these chargers seem to max out at 56 KW rather than 72 or 74 KW that I generally get from other "urban" SCers.

throught the fall I thought it was my "about to fail" 85KW pack, but i now have a "new" 90 kW battery and i'm still getting max 56 KW.

I plugged in with 20 miles of rated range and added 218 miles in 1 hr and 14 minutes. not great.

i would have stayed a bit longer to get to 90% but I had a plans last night and had to cut out early.

IMHO you should be able to get to 90% from 0 in an hr and 15 minutes -- even at an urban SCer.