Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Canvassed the entire area (I live in Tracy) a couple weeks ago... Didn't find any signs... I think it would probably be at the new lathrop tesla facility ... But who knows

- - - Updated - - -

Canvassed the entire area (I live in Tracy) a couple weeks ago... Didn't find any signs... I think it would probably be at the new lathrop tesla facility ... But who knows
Btw that facility has a ton of contractors working at it right now.ll I wouldn't be surprised is the sc shows up out of nowhere .. I'll drive by today

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 658
As well the lathrop building was under full renovation when I drove by last time and appears to be populated by actual employees now... Even one of the bikes you see floating around the Fremont plant with a basket on the back was sitting outside

- - - Updated - - -

I have several posts prior to this which are up for mod approval.. So this is a bit out of order

The front parking lot of the office is open at the lathrop site, and could support a supercharger, space wise. My money is on a supercharger over at union and 120 in front of jc penny. I think the fact that the official tesla page says manteca seals the deal.

Last edited:
I think we'll be lucky if we see any work on this in Q3 and it opens sometime in Q4. This one is not high on the priority list.

This location is very useful for drives via Harris Ranch up to Sacramento or on to the Tahoe area. It eliminates the need to range charge on these routes and eliminates range anxiety on high wind days.

The only way that I was able to make from Harris to Folsom with big headwinds, even with a 100% charge at Harris was to do a fair amount of drafting. Manteca would have been very nice that day...

Thank you emupilot! Great news. That is the SC I want for a September trip this year from the Bay Area to Sorensen's Resort in Hope Valley on Highway 88. Manteca to Sorenson's is 128 miles, even with a lot of elevation gain that should be easy on a full charge.

Otherwise I have make a longer trip and stop at the Folsom SC. Doable, but not optimal.

Sorenson's has promised me a 220V NEMA 10-30 outlet. They sent me a photo so I could verify the plug type. Amps unknown. Even 20 A would be fine for overnight charging. I bought an adaptor here NEMA 14-50R to 10-30P or 10-50P Adapter

Of course the Manteca SC may not be operational by mid-September...

This location is very useful for drives via Harris Ranch up to Sacramento or on to the Tahoe area. It eliminates the need to range charge on these routes and eliminates range anxiety on high wind days.

The only way that I was able to make from Harris to Folsom with big headwinds, even with a 100% charge at Harris was to do a fair amount of drafting. Manteca would have been very nice that day...

I don't disagree with you. I've posted on the need for a Supercharger in the Manteca area many times. Two weekends ago I drove from the SF Bay Area to Yosemite and would have loved to have taken advantage of a Supercharger here (instead I topped off at Fremont, stopped in Tracy for breakfast and charged on a Level II for an hour, and then stopped again at Yosemite Pines RV site for another hour).

All's I'm saying is that this project doesn't seem to be high on Tesla's priority list in terms of current projects so folks who would hope to plan a trip with this Supercharger up and running should not depend on that any time soon and should plan to divert to Gilroy or Fremont.

Manteca is also a preferable stop for us Valleyites heading north beyond Sac. It makes for a more direct route to the Sacramento Valley instead of detouring to Roseville or Vacaville. We can charge and then continue west on SR120 to I5. It is still a stretch to/from the Tejon Ranch SC, however. We need another SC (or two) along 99!

I think the bigger news in the Manteca project list is that they will get another restaurant next to Bass Pro. From what I have learned, poorly written contracts, by the leasing company to lure in the anchors, have stalled new stores even worse than the economic downturn. It has been years and there are still only half a dozen stores.