Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I called Tesla Support in late September to report this issue with one of the stalls. (I do not recall which one.) The voice on the telephone was cordial but merely pointed out not to use a shared stall, if possible. I replied that I was the only car charging. I repeated to him that there are widespread reports circulating about that many Supercharger locations are not delivering optimum charging rates. He suggested that I move to another stall. I asked him if he could make a report of this occurrence. He seemed ambivalent about doing this.

I have ceased calling Tesla Support to report the diminished power at SCs. I do not think the call center particularly cares, and I do not think that management is pursuing a solution or an explanation to this situation with any sort of alacrity.

• Informative
Reactions: ChrisJ and ohmman
While Supercharging in Manteca today...

IMG_20170109_144224.jpg

Took her a couple of minutes before she realized her Volt couldn't be charged there. Not pictured is the charging cable in her hand. Even if it was possible to charge, I hope she wasn't planning on leaving the car sticking out like that.

I called Tesla this morning and they had no information other than "Temporary Closure". I hope they have it operational before Sunday morning when I'm headed for Oregon. It will be my first road trip and first use of the supercharger network. Wish me luck!

I've used it a couple of times in the last week, did not come across any issues.
Since you are in Manteca, can you at least report if it appears there are people working on it? Is it corded or coned off? The last few times I've been there, security seems to hang out there. In fact the last time I was there, a couple of guys in a car pulled up right next to me in a Supercharger spot while I was Supercharging. Don't know if they're trying to troll but he just gave the nod as if nothing was wrong. I just ignored them and they pulled out a couple of minutes later.

Since you are in Manteca, can you at least report if it appears there are people working on it? Is it corded or coned off? The last few times I've been there, security seems to hang out there. In fact the last time I was there, a couple of guys in a car pulled up right next to me in a Supercharger spot while I was Supercharging. Don't know if they're trying to troll but he just gave the nod as if nothing was wrong. I just ignored them and they pulled out a couple of minutes later.

I used it as recent as this morning, one person pulled out, another person pulled up and stall was working fine, was getting about 40kw.

I was also at Manteca today. I noticed the last time I was there a red car parked next to the handicap spot and was there the whole time I charged. This time the car was parked near the first SuperCharger. I figure it was security at this point so I approached the person to talk to him. I asked if there was 24hr security at this site now and he pretty much acknowledged as such although there was a window where it wasn't being monitored. There has been equipment break-in at this particular site.