Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Spoke with the Foreman

Visited site today.
Crew was cleaning up.
According to the foreman, the original completion date was 12/24.:scared:
However, the impending bad weather will delay the completion date until 12/31.:rolleyes:

Looks like there will be seven charging pods. I am not sure how many stalls that will be.

20141210_153234small.jpg
20141210_153255 small.jpg
20141210_153305 small.jpg
20141210_153319small.jpg
Manteca Site.jpg

I'm planning a trip to Yosemite Jan 3, which is cutting it close if they're targeting 12/31 for completion. Does anyone know if Superchargers typically come online for use as soon as construction is completed, or are there delays for approvals or other reasons?

Anyone planning to swing by the area Jan 1 or 2 to report whether it's up and running?

Supercharger update. Tesla charger crates are on site. All condiut for high voltage cabinets looks complete. Right now they only have 7 pull-in power runs to charger pedestals. Not sure why they don't have an eighth one. They dug up 11 parking spaces, but are only currently using 7. The conduit plywood fixture has room for 4 sets of charger cabinet conduit, but only three sets of conduit are complete. With seven spots, they defintely need 4 cabinets, but unsure why they didn't just install 8 pedestal conduits.

I have been following the Irrigation District attempt to take over the retail power for the last 11 years. Finally, they have been given the approval to offer retail power. The SSJID is a public entity which built 3 dams in the Sierras, Tri-Dam Project with Oakdale Irrigation District, around 1955. The loans on these hydroelectric dams were paid off around 2005 and the districts now each receive about $10-$15 million per year in wholesale power profits. SSJID now offers Manteca irrigation water and surface treated potable water. The fight with PG&E for retail electric has been long and nasty. The municipal or irrigitation district run retail electric services are anywhere from 10%-35% lower priced than PG&E due to non-profit and other overhead issues.