Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Spreckels Ave (LIVE 9 May 2020, 12 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I’m charging at this bank now, and with two other vehicles at the other end of the row. I got 50kW at first but it’s dropped to mid thirties. I was at 60% when I started so I’m not sure if that has anything to do with it, but from my experience this doesn’t seem to be V3 speeds. All units are supposed to get 250kW, correct?

No. Read up a little bit on how batteries charge. As they get 'fuller', they ramp down the amount so as not to cause damage. There are plots of this on the forum (almost since the beginning) and, I'm sure, if you note the charging rate of your car, it will fall close to the plot. Over time a good way to tell if battery may have a problem.

Hint for charging - to get the most from a charger - as you get within 10 miles, make that charger your destination. The car will pre-condition the battery to receive maximum amount of charge (for it's current condition), thus you start of strong when you plug in.

The lighting was really nice when I was here yesterday, and I got these pictures:

IMG_5969.jpeg
IMG_5971.jpeg

Bruce.

Reactions: Janus and Acps110
What model is your car and how charged was the battery when you started?
Sorry I didn't reply to this sooner. It's a 2018 Model 3 LR, and the battery was around 60%. I know that charging slows down as the battery approaches full charge, and I assumed the 250kw chargers would do the same, but I had hoped they would do so at a much higher rate than the v1/v2 chargers.

For what it's worth to others looking to use this station, as of yesterday more than half of the units are non-functional. Not sure if it's intentional sabotage or some other issue. They simply refuse to provide a charge. Unfortunately the "for service, call" stickers do not have a phone number to report the problem.

Forgot to mention, this IS definitely a 250kw station. I pulled in yesterday with 40mi of range and it shot up to over 1,000mi/hour charge rate.

As I mentioned in the last post, half the units are nonfunctional as of yesterday. Hard to imagine 6+ stalls break in a one week span unless it was sabotage.

• Disagree
Reactions: mociaf9
Forgot to mention, this IS definitely a 250kw station. I pulled in yesterday with 40mi of range and it shot up to over 1,000mi/hour charge rate.

As I mentioned in the last post, half the units are nonfunctional as of yesterday. Hard to imagine 6+ stalls break in a one week span unless it was sabotage.
The station is so new, could have been shoddy installers. Lots of SuperChargers are installed by local contractors, not Tesla employees.

The station is so new, could have been shoddy installers. Lots of SuperChargers are installed by local contractors, not Tesla employees.

I was there on July 17. Two cables were already flip over the arch rather than in the holder, I am guessing those were not functional. I tried two other cables both were also nonfunctional, so I flip the cable over the arch as well. Not sure if this is the right thing to do but I thought maybe this is the way to tell the next person showing up that these are nonfunctional. I finally found one that works. There were no other cars around early in the morning around 8AM. There was some trash and some disgusting person left two used diaper in the disabled stall.
Anyway, I am starting to wonder how robust is the v3 SuperCharging hardware or is this just this site shoddy install as the previous poster said.

I was there on July 17. Two cables were already flip over the arch rather than in the holder, I am guessing those were not functional. I tried two other cables both were also nonfunctional, so I flip the cable over the arch as well.

Yes, some people flip the cable over the top of the pedestal to indicate a non-working stall. When I was in the area on July 19, I noticed that the nav screen was showing "reduced service" for this location.

Bruce.