Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Late yesterday (Sunday) afternoon, I was returning from Fresno to the East Bay. I'll usually pick one of two routes, either 99-152-5-580-680-24 (stop at Gustine) or 99-120-5-205-580-680-24 (stop at Manteca). The choice is frequently "whatever I feel like doing", although yesterday I checked the Supercharger occupancy before I launched, and saw that Gustine was more-or-less empty, while Manteca was more-or-less full. That made the choice pretty easy, so I took the route through Gustine, and charged there without incident (maximum of 1 other car there). Out of curiosity did anyone here use Manteca yesterday and what was it like (i.e. was it really that full)?

Bruce.

Bruce,

The next time you drive to or from Fresno and feel like using Gustine, take an alternate route:

From Fresno exit 99 at the first exit, Avenue 7, just across the San Joaquin River. Proceed west. You will have two boulevard stops, one at highway 145 and one at Road 23. Continue westward and the road takes a 45 degree turn northwest and become Avenue 7 1/2. Continue west to Firebaugh. In Firebaugh, make a right at the signal (highway 33) and an immediate left at the next signal. That road becomes Nees Avenue outside the city limits. Continue on Nees through one boulevard stop, across the aqueduct until you reach Interstate 5. Head north.

This route is about 5 miles shorter than the 99/152 routing, and you avoid driving through Los Banos. While the speed limit is allegedly 55, you should be able to drive 62-65 without drawing the ire of our sworn peace officers. It is especially nice during bloom in February and again in April once the vines have pushed.

:)

• Informative
Reactions: bmah and brucet999
6 More SCs going at this location

Attachments

• BCB68066-0D2B-4EEB-A8AC-C1E74E0ADC1E.jpeg
    BCB68066-0D2B-4EEB-A8AC-C1E74E0ADC1E.jpeg
    373 KB · Views: 157
Bruce,

The next time you drive to or from Fresno and feel like using Gustine, take an alternate route:

From Fresno exit 99 at the first exit, Avenue 7, just across the San Joaquin River. Proceed west. You will have two boulevard stops, one at highway 145 and one at Road 23. Continue westward and the road takes a 45 degree turn northwest and become Avenue 7 1/2. Continue west to Firebaugh. In Firebaugh, make a right at the signal (highway 33) and an immediate left at the next signal. That road becomes Nees Avenue outside the city limits. Continue on Nees through one boulevard stop, across the aqueduct until you reach Interstate 5. Head north.

This route is about 5 miles shorter than the 99/152 routing, and you avoid driving through Los Banos. While the speed limit is allegedly 55, you should be able to drive 62-65 without drawing the ire of our sworn peace officers. It is especially nice during bloom in February and again in April once the vines have pushed.

:)
:eek: there goes my favorite semisecret route :mad:

In my quest to find any way to bypass the Highway Robbery of Los Banos, I found out that one can take Santa Nella Blvd to/from Gustine SuperCharger across I-5, then turn from/to Henry Miller Ave (In & Out sits near to the corner of those two streets), then Henry Miller Avenue bypasses Los Banos entirely, barely whisking by its Northern outskirts. It is a bumpy road with a few sleepy drivers on it and some abrupt obstacles, so you have to remain alert, but you entirely avoid the highway robbery aspects of Los Banos with all of its traps, delays, and offensive thefts. Once past Los Banos, you can take a number of ways from Henry Miller Ave back down to 152; be sure to pick a paved road for best results. Of course, going NorthWest is safer than SouthEast, since going toward Fresno or whereever (East on 152), you are confronted with crossing 152 to get on 152 going Eastward. BE EXTRA SPECIAL CAREFUL CROSSING 152, since that is a very easy and frequent way to die on 152. (I've looked at the reports, and people die crossing that thing weekly it seems.) Don't get fooled by the optical illusions: actually pay full attention and make certain you can see everything plain as day. Remember to look in all relevant directions, and make use of the middle of 152 while making your way through treachery, pausing as appropriate there to get a solid retake of the other directions of vehicles. Don't let blind spots, mesmorization, mirages (or mirage hiding), or laziness kill you.

Last edited:
I do not see any photos in your post, just an odd symbol where I assume the photos are supposed to be. I am on an iPad running the latest OS. Not see the same issue in other TMC posts with photos. Here is a screen capture showing what I see:
View attachment 263360
Odd. In the past I've tried to past links from Google Photos only to find it will not work that way. What I did was open the photo on Google Photos then I copied the picture then pasted directly in my post. This is from a PC. Can you confirm you see this from a PC?

IMG_0244.jpg
IMG_0245.jpg
IMG_0246.jpg

Ok, tried using my iPhone and I only got the word IMG in it's place. So I thought maybe I needed to login to see the image and that didn't work either. Not sure why McManX is able to see it then. I'll attach the photos instead.

Update: confirmed working on iPhone now.

Last edited:
Reactions: ohmman