Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Manteca, CA - Perimeter Drive (LIVE 12 Feb 2015, expanded 12 Dec 2017, 20 V2 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The crew finishing up the Roseville Supercharger today indicated that they were moving to Manteca next - starting work in about 2 weeks. He didn't know the exact location (or didn't want to say). Rumor I've heard is Bass Pro Shop on Hwy 120, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

The crew finishing up the Roseville Supercharger today indicated that they were moving to Manteca next - starting work in about 2 weeks. He didn't know the exact location (or didn't want to say). Rumor I've heard is Bass Pro Shop on Hwy 120, but I guess we'll see soon enough.

That's great news, thanks for reporting that. It would make sense if the crews have been instructed by the Tesla Supercharger team not to disclose exact locations of future Superchargers until the company does.

You can search for permits in San Joaquin County here. I've searched for permits using all the street names in the vicinity of the Bass Pro store and streets by the malls near the other two major exits off Highway 120 in Manteca. I've also searched around the new Lathrop facility. I couldn't find anything.

Any idea whether and when they've broken ground?

I was checking out what I could see there when I was stuck in stop and go traffic on Highway 120 last week. There was a container in the parking lot, but no sign of construction. It could be on the opposite site of the mall, of course.

The site is a few miles off of I-5, but will be FAR better than taking a detour to Folsom for I-5 through traffic. It's closer to Highway 99.

This is all I could find

20140515_231312.jpg

Seems too close to Red Robin.
I could see getting ICE'd often.:rolleyes:

I live about a mile from this as well. I notice that spaces that far away from Bass Pro are mostly open, now that Best Buy is gone. That location also seems like they would have to bring power a long way, unless there is an underground conduit that is already there. I would have expected this to go in much closer to a transformer.