Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger map for 2017

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
From Oxona to Van Horn TX is only 226 miles, so doable if we slow down to 60 to 65 mph. However, from El Paso, TX to Casa Grande, AZ is 370 miles. Maybe we could make it driving 22 mph, or find public charging stations along the way. I really do not want to buy the
CHAdeMO Adapter.

I see several J1772 chargers along the way. They give 70-80 amps per hour, 14 kW/hr, or 40-50 miles charge per hour. Seems I'd take a break for lunch and maybe a walk rather than go 22 mph. My wife also likes to look around in the shops. Way better than staring out the car window.

Trucks make it somehow at 60-65, too. Cut into the slow lane and let your radar pace the truck. No effort, better range.

I see several J1772 chargers along the way. They give 70-80 amps per hour, 14 kW/hr, or 40-50 miles charge per hour.
Where are you seeing this? I don't see several high amp J1772s along I-10 in Arizona or west Texas, just the one in Iraan which is well off the highway (placed there by a Roadster owner who is a descendant of the town's founders). Probably 99% of J1772s only have 30A output. Also remember that most Teslas can't draw 70-80A at a high amp J1772-- only those with dual chargers or the newer 72A option.

I have to say, with the proposed additions to the supercharger network in Middle/Northern Jersey, What on earth are they thinking?!!?

They plan by the map to put a supercharger in Newark (a crime ridden piss hole that no one would feel safe stopping in, long enough to charge during the day, nevermind at night!) And the second proposed addition is down the street from an already existing super charger?

I have to say, with the proposed additions to the supercharger network in Middle/Northern Jersey, What on earth are they thinking?!!?

They plan by the map to put a supercharger in Newark (a crime ridden piss hole that no one would feel safe stopping in, long enough to charge during the day, nevermind at night!) And the second proposed addition is down the street from an already existing super charger?

I would say to be careful with interpreting the map. The coming soon pins are not accurately placed - most are only indicating the general area.

So, the Newark charger could be anywhere - like at the airport, or near the Parkway/78 intersection, or another major highway intersection, or possibly Jersey Gardens Mall.

And the Woodbridge one may be at the Grover Cleveland/Thomas Edison rest stop on the Turnpike. So not down the street from Menlo, which isn't really traveler friendly.

Near Pittsburgh, Tesla has a SC about 20 miles north of me, near the PA Turnpike, and now it shows they plan to install one about 20 miles SE of me, on the turnpike. Dammit, Tesla, put one at the turnpike exit 6 miles from me!
Why? Do you have no possible way to charge at home?

The nearest Supercharger Station to me is 98 miles away, with 3800 feet of elevation change (Grand Junction CO). That is just about ideal for S60 road trips, coming and going. However, I live in "Supercharger Heaven," with six Supercharger Stations within Tesla distance of my house:

Grand Junction CO (98 miles, my "local" Supercharger Station)
Farmington NM (135 miles)
Moab UT (143 miles)
Blanding UT (159 miles)
Glenwood Springs CO (174 miles, I can only do that one outbound — downhill)
Green River UT (195 miles, that one is marginal in my S60 although I've done it in the downhill direction)