Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • The latest TMC Podcast (#14) is now available on YouTube and all major podcast networks. We covered FSD Beta's exciting v11 update, Enhanced Autopilot coming to the U.S. and Canada, and more!

SuperCharger Map Update

TomServo

Apr 10, 2014
Belleville IL
Does Tesla generate a new Future Plan at the beginning of the year or is it a living document that gets updated as they see fit? Find Us | Tesla

Am wondering what Tesla’s plans are for future Super Charger growth in 2022. There are some gaps and high volume locations that could use some help as more EV’s are being sold and Tesla’s plan to allow none Tesla’s to charge at Super Chargers.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Tesla announced at the start of 2021 that they would do quarterly updates of the map.

As far as I've recorded (at least for Australia +/- a day or so) updates occured on
5 January 2021
22 April 2021
4 August 2021
So we're now a good 5 months since the last update.

In Australia we've got 7 sites still listed as Q4 2021 where construction hasn't even been spotted. Represents about 40% of sites that were meant to be constructed in 2021.

lynyrdM

2021 M3LR
Jul 29, 2021
Tulsa, OK
They’re kicking the install of the Henryetta, OK Charger down the road once again, as is tradition with a “2023” install time frame. I have my doubts it will ever happen.

If they’re going to keep doing that, they should at least release the CCS1 adapter so we can use the high power Francis Chargers.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
Shelby supercharger location disappeared. THAT SUCKS!
Last two map updates have been rough on the northern (US) border supercharger sites. Pembina, ND; Shelby, MT; and Kalispell, MT all removed. Not that it's really any surprise to those following closely. We'd already had plenty of information that the original locations Tesla had been working towards in those cities had fallen through and there hadn't been any new info about replacement sites. So, the updates are just better tracking reality now, which is good. Hopefully it won't be too many more quarterly updates of their map before Tesla can put them back on.

moa999

2020 3 SR+ MSM
Mar 4, 2020
Sydney, AUS
Electrek article on update

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
What's with the maps, I see no future sites anywhere?
Not sure what's wrong with your display, but they still show up for me. Try clearing your cache and reloading the map. Also, be sure that you're zoomed in enough to see them, because when you look at Tesla's map zoomed out a lot it displays all the points as the same small red dot with no distinction between active and future locations. Here's what it looks like for me around the Chicago area:

1645219590992.png

Reactions: PACEMD

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC