Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SuperCharger Map Update

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does Tesla generate a new Future Plan at the beginning of the year or is it a living document that gets updated as they see fit? Find Us | Tesla

Am wondering what Tesla’s plans are for future Super Charger growth in 2022. There are some gaps and high volume locations that could use some help as more EV’s are being sold and Tesla’s plan to allow none Tesla’s to charge at Super Chargers.

Living document, with updates each quarter-ish. The updates have so far happened relatively close to the start of the quarter, but not uniformly so. IIRC, one was at least a month in.

Tesla announced at the start of 2021 that they would do quarterly updates of the map.

As far as I've recorded (at least for Australia +/- a day or so) updates occured on
5 January 2021
22 April 2021
4 August 2021
So we're now a good 5 months since the last update.

In Australia we've got 7 sites still listed as Q4 2021 where construction hasn't even been spotted. Represents about 40% of sites that were meant to be constructed in 2021.

Thanks for the info, am hoping 2022 is a good year for new SCer builds. There are still area's that I travel TO/FROM that are difficult to get to without the use of Destination Chargers. And on recent trips along I-64 I'm noticing more and more congestion at the SCer's we frequent.

Looks like map globally is being updated today.

All 7 Q4 2021 sites in Australia that missed install have been pushed back 2-4 Quarters, and a few others have been pushed back.

Reportedly some new chargers on the map/list spotted in Canada and US.

Reactions: mociaf9
They’re kicking the install of the Henryetta, OK Charger down the road once again, as is tradition with a “2023” install time frame. I have my doubts it will ever happen.

If they’re going to keep doing that, they should at least release the CCS1 adapter so we can use the high power Francis Chargers.

Shelby supercharger location disappeared. THAT SUCKS!
Last two map updates have been rough on the northern (US) border supercharger sites. Pembina, ND; Shelby, MT; and Kalispell, MT all removed. Not that it's really any surprise to those following closely. We'd already had plenty of information that the original locations Tesla had been working towards in those cities had fallen through and there hadn't been any new info about replacement sites. So, the updates are just better tracking reality now, which is good. Hopefully it won't be too many more quarterly updates of their map before Tesla can put them back on.

What's with the maps, I see no future sites anywhere?
Not sure what's wrong with your display, but they still show up for me. Try clearing your cache and reloading the map. Also, be sure that you're zoomed in enough to see them, because when you look at Tesla's map zoomed out a lot it displays all the points as the same small red dot with no distinction between active and future locations. Here's what it looks like for me around the Chicago area:

1645219590992.png

Reactions: PACEMD