TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Maple Shade, NJ

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic' started by emupilot, Jun 14, 2019.

Tags:
  1. emupilot

emupilot Active Member

I did a little googling and found this public notice published today:

The site would appear to be a new Wawa. 2801 Route 73 South, Maple Shade NJ 08052

• Like x 5
  2. mociaf9

mociaf9 Active Member

The public hearing before the Planning Board is on June 26th for anyone interested.

3. aasandsas

aasandsas Member

Sounds ridiculous to have SC in Maple Shade and there is already one in Marlton at the promenade.

But I could see value around 73/70/41 area.

4. theflyer

theflyer Member

5. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare Mr. PlugShare

6. st50maint

st50maint Member

How does this work?
    Are they automatically alerted to your post?

7. theflyer

theflyer Member

should'
    Yes. When you "at" a user handle, they will get a notification. It is one way to help ensure they see new supercharger threads. They are two of the folks who help maintain supercharge.info.

• Informative x 1
    • Like x 1
  8. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

The one in Marlton is purely a marketing exercise (for both Tesla and the Promenade). It has very little benefit for travelers or apartment dwellers.

This one however is a fantastic location for travelers. It's right off of 295 and the NJTPK, as well as right along the common route from Philadelphia - NY. Unfortunately though, there isn't much to do here although there is Uno's and BK right there for food at least.

• Informative x 1
  9. MidnightRider

MidnightRider Member

I'd also say they are pretty far apart. Also with the service center/sales the area is going to have more locals.

10. randygts

randygts Member

If you are willing to cross the highway (there is a light there) you can get great wings at Jay's Elbow Room.

11. aasandsas

aasandsas Member

This location suits well for NJTP/I-295 people only. Too bad it’s not in Moorestown mall. But WaWa has been expanding so much everywhere, Tesla likes working with them and using the space.

Still you wonder why the heck put SC in Promenade at Marlton for non-economic reasons. Yes all of these are nicer areas to live in SJ/Philly Burbs, but let’s think about practical purposes. This is such a practical location. Where we need another SC is near Deptford Mall. I believe it is on Tesla website as coming soon. That’s great location for all high rollers from Philly driving into AC. There is lot of stuff for kids to do around this SC. Skyzone and CoCo Key are nearby.

12. Syd

Syd Member

supercharge.info recently moved Deptford mall from permit to construction, so perhaps it will be a christmas present.

• Informative x 1
  13. aasandsas

aasandsas Member

That’s cool. I like both locations. Both close to I-295 + (Paulsboro if going south) as well. One on way to AC and another just outside NJTP.

14. RobC

RobC Member

They are only just doing the site grading and prep for this Wawa so this one is a long way off.

• Informative x 1
  15. Emotive

Emotive Member

Every time I look at the app there are more stalls in use in Marlton than Philly or anywhere else in South Jersey. Apparently there is a demand for them in the area.

16. RobC

RobC Member

Both Philly locations are in pay lots/garages. This location is located close to several major highways so I am sure it will be popular.

• Informative x 1
  17. jaguar36

jaguar36 Active Member

Thats just people opportunity charging with their free supercharging.

18. aasandsas

aasandsas Member

Marlton and Cherry Hill are affluential areas in grand scheme of things.