Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Maple Shade, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Somebody broke one of the charger connectors already...

People are stupid.
I see a lot of cables on the ground at v3 stations. I don’t think they stay up as well. They fall and hit the concrete.

Side note: I was at a different v3 station today and I noticed the same latching issue that I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread. Three different v3 stations and same issue for me. Never has happened with any regular supercharger. I think it might have something to do with the cables constantly falling and damaging the connector.

I see a lot of cables on the ground at v3 stations. I don’t think they stay up as well. They fall and hit the concrete.

Side note: I was at a different v3 station today and I noticed the same latching issue that I’ve mentioned earlier in the thread. Three different v3 stations and same issue for me. Never has happened with any regular supercharger. I think it might have something to do with the cables constantly falling and damaging the connector.

The connector stores the same as the home charger. It’s not difficult, people are just careless.

This is why we can’t have nice things.

Charged here recently, my first SCing experience in my Y. Great location since it's in close proximity to 295.

I should've taken the photo sooner but speeds were great at 22% when I started charging.

Attachments

• CYMERA_20200712_123841.jpg
    CYMERA_20200712_123841.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 64
I've seen it full several times. Busy location.

Very close to 295 and 95 corridors and rt 73 is pretty busy out/into Philly.

I'm curious how expansion works.

Also, there will very soon open a new one close by, in cherry hill by wegmans/costco/trader Joe area by wawa there.
for my use case (and many others' I'm sure), won't need Maple Shade anymore once some of the ones on the Turnpike go live.

for my use case (and many others' I'm sure), won't need Maple Shade anymore once some of the ones on the Turnpike go live.
Absolutely agree. Game changer.

The turnpike rest area chargers are ridiculously well placed convenience wise.
Literally 20-30secnds to plug in from getting onto exit sometimes.

I love them when I have the opportunity to
Use the one more north that Have been around a few years.

This is what so many folks don't get. People keep telling me that they want to get the PorscheEV or the Audi EV, and I keep on telling them where the heck are you going to charge. And they keep saying there are charges everywhere. And I’m like well good luck getting off the highway exit finding some Walmart or a Porsche dealership and charging. Etc. This is even BEFORE taking about networks and plug and play and breakage and apps etc.

Reactions: KerryOH
Absolutely agree. Game changer.

The turnpike rest area chargers are ridiculously well placed convenience wise.
Literally 20-30secnds to plug in from getting onto exit sometimes.

I love them when I have the opportunity to
Use the one more north that Have been around a few years.

This is what so many folks don't get. People keep telling me that they want to get the PorscheEV or the Audi EV, and I keep on telling them where the heck are you going to charge. And they keep saying there are charges everywhere. And I’m like well good luck getting off the highway exit finding some Walmart or a Porsche dealership and charging. Etc. This is even BEFORE taking about networks and plug and play and breakage and apps etc.

They'll get there... eventually. Tesla is just the first out of the gate with the most motivation and the best business plan. But yes, buying a CCS-only EV puts you squarely into the early adopter category, with all of its bugs and hassles. I'm not really sure that's what Porsche and Audi buyers are going for, which is probably why you see quite a few of their EVs available on the gently used market.

Sorry, that's totally off-topic.

Reactions: Cuttin
I have noticed the past few times I have been here in the middle of the day, there were at least three Tesla vehicles from the CarVision dealership right down the street. I am not sure how long they were connected to the charging station but on at least two of the occasions, the vehicles were connected longer than 45 minutes. Hopefully it isn’t a common occurrence but just an FYI.

• Informative
Reactions: Cuttin and KerryOH
I have noticed the past few times I have been here in the middle of the day, there were at least three Tesla vehicles from the CarVision dealership right down the street. I am not sure how long they were connected to the charging station but on at least two of the occasions, the vehicles were connected longer than 45 minutes. Hopefully it isn’t a common occurrence but just an FYI.
Hopefully CarVision will get hit with some big idle fees and stop doing that.