Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Maple Shade, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have noticed the past few times I have been here in the middle of the day, there were at least three Tesla vehicles from the CarVision dealership right down the street. I am not sure how long they were connected to the charging station but on at least two of the occasions, the vehicles were connected longer than 45 minutes. Hopefully it isn’t a common occurrence but just an FYI.
How do you tell it's carvision? I haven't paid attention.

But yes would be super annoying if they hog it. But they ARE free to use it as long as they don't idle.

How do you tell it's carvision? I haven't paid attention.

But yes would be super annoying if they hog it. But they ARE free to use it as long as they don't idle.
Some have the CarVision front license plate, they also have the barcode sticker on front windshield along with paper floor mats on the driver side with absolutely nothing else in the vehicle. CarVision has an inventory lot right behind the Burger King which I’ve seen with close to 10–15 Tesla vehicles.

Some have the CarVision front license plate, they also have the barcode sticker on front windshield along with paper floor mats on the driver side with absolutely nothing else in the vehicle. CarVision has an inventory lot right behind the Burger King which I’ve seen with close to 10–15 Tesla vehicles.
Well the AWESOME thing I guess is more ways for people to buy teslas!

I only charge here about twice a month and usually off hours but will keep an eye out too.

I think you have unofficially been ordained as the owner of this problem. Maybe call them up and let them know to maybe charge during non busy hours and watch the idle time. I BET you the owner doesn't know about the idle fees that his employees are racking up. Obviously they are free to tell you to go fly a kite but worth a shot of nicely asking and informing.

you guys assume they're leaving them there for an hour plus.
The Tesla’s that CarVision has charging there are older Model S vehicles that should have a full charge in less than an hour. Perhaps they are not aware of the battery degradation by charging to 100% but I’m confident in saying that the vehicles are there over an hour.

During my most recent trip to this SC I actually saw one of the salesman of CarVision pick one of the vehicles up. The door was locked so the charging cable would not unlatch so I actually helped him unlock the vehicle to disconnect the charging cable. He then stated to me that he hates “these Tesla’s” and to me seems that the sales staff, at least the gentleman I encountered, are uneducated with Tesla vehicles.

But I do agree that perhaps they are just chalking up the idle fees as the cost of doing business. Checking their website, they have 25 Tesla vehicles in their inventory so it would benefit them to educate their sales staff about Tesla vehicles but who knows. The salesman I encountered was very nice and friendly but he definitely seemed more old school in favoring ICE vehicles and doesn’t truly understand the capabilities and benefits of owning a Tesla.

The Tesla’s that CarVision has charging there are older Model S vehicles that should have a full charge in less than an hour. Perhaps they are not aware of the battery degradation by charging to 100% but I’m confident in saying that the vehicles are there over an hour.

During my most recent trip to this SC I actually saw one of the salesman of CarVision pick one of the vehicles up. The door was locked so the charging cable would not unlatch so I actually helped him unlock the vehicle to disconnect the charging cable. He then stated to me that he hates “these Tesla’s” and to me seems that the sales staff, at least the gentleman I encountered, are uneducated with Tesla vehicles.

But I do agree that perhaps they are just chalking up the idle fees as the cost of doing business. Checking their website, they have 25 Tesla vehicles in their inventory so it would benefit them to educate their sales staff about Tesla vehicles but who knows. The salesman I encountered was very nice and friendly but he definitely seemed more old school in favoring ICE vehicles and doesn’t truly understand the capabilities and benefits of owning a Tesla.
I'm willing to bet they don't even know that idle fees exist. More than likely the charges are going to the previous owner. I highly doubt CarSense would take the time to register with Tesla as the owner.

Reactions: Cuttin and Big Earl