Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucson, AZ - West River Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It looks like construction has started. They have started removing the asphalt in the red circled area behind firehouse subs, which is the same address of the permit. This site should prob change to under construction.

Attachments

• supercharger-river rd.JPG
    supercharger-river rd.JPG
    161.7 KB · Views: 91
Reactions: PStewart
I got my information from Google Maps. It's not like I would be intimately familiar with the precise boundaries :)
Tucson mailing addresses extend all the way to the south side of Tangerine Rd, far North of this address. I own houses just on the south side of Tangerine and Twin Peaks and they are Tucson, even though they are covered my Marana City. Site should def be changed to Tucson-Marana .

And yet still no one has mark this as under construction.
The online e-file still shows that the building permit hasn't yet been issued and no contractor named. Likely this is just outdated information, but until it says otherwise and/or starts showing inspection results or someone sees identifiable Tesla supercharger equipment on location at the construction site and reports it here, SC.info isn't likely to update the status to construction.

Just got off the phone with Isaac at Larson Baker in Tucson (They own the property at Marana Marketplace) and he confirmed the construction of 16 Tesla chargers behind Firehouse subs is currently under way. He said Tesla expects to be complete in 1st quarter most likely about 2 months. nice guy, also a Tesla Model S owner. He will keep me up to date as things progress.

I think it was already more then official to update to construction before. Not sure why the holdback.
Unofficial policy for SC.info developed over years of dealing with occassionally erroneous or untimely updates by well-meaning people who were given bad information or misinterpreted what they heard or saw. Was anything lost by holding back on updating the status for a few days? Not really, only SC.info's status for the site was lagging reality by a few extra days.

• Love
Reactions: corywright
Unofficial policy for SC.info developed over years of dealing with occassionally erroneous or untimely updates by well-meaning people who were given bad information or misinterpreted what they heard or saw. Was anything lost by holding back on updating the status for a few days? Not really, only SC.info's status for the site was lagging reality by a few extra days.
I agree- and I 'm sorry if I sounded snarky in my earlier posting. I was trying to get it posted while sitting in the car after snapping the photo.

I was in the area today, and took that picture, I didn't take any others as the workers were in the trenches, and a deliver truck with more conduit showed up just as I took that one picture. I'll try to take photos as it progresses, I did't count the number of stalls yet. They were putting in conduit and risers, so it should be easy to count next time I stop by.

• Helpful
Reactions: 3'sterly
I did't count the number of stalls yet. They were putting in conduit and risers, so it should be easy to count next time I stop by.
Your picture shows at least 3 and maybe a 4th supercharger cabinets, each of which are normally connected to 4 supercharger stalls. So that means 12 or 16, depending on whether there's actually a 4th cabinet not quite visible. But there are also 8 brown boxes which each contain 2 charging posts, so 16 stalls is looking pretty confirmed already.

• Helpful
Reactions: 3'sterly
Your picture shows at least 3 and maybe a 4th supercharger cabinets, each of which are normally connected to 4 supercharger stalls. So that means 12 or 16, depending on whether there's actually a 4th cabinet not quite visible. But there are also 8 brown boxes which each contain 2 charging posts, so 16 stalls is looking pretty confirmed already.
There were 4 Tesla Energy marked pallets - I'll try to take better photos next time I stop by there-