Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Tucson, AZ - West River Road

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Checked out the site again today and looks like not much happened this week.
2021-12-16 16.39.10.jpg
2021-12-16 16.39.55.jpg

We went by there around 1:00pm today- and the gate was closed, no workers - and no change since last week, I wonder if they have a labor or materials problem? It appears it's about ready to back fill around the conduits, as it did last week.

I know there is a very large Amazon distribution center under construction not far away- Lots of workers there, pouring concrete pretty much around the clock right now- and for the last 2 months, they have been bringing fill in 24Cu Yd belly dumps literally 100s of runs a day- Filling in an old gravel pit and raising the whole Amazon site up several feet to bring it out of the flood plane. Maybe there isn't any labor or fill available to continue right now?

• Informative
Reactions: pilotSteve
Why is the trench so wide? The one near me they only made it one shovel width wide, still lots of room to plumb. It's also rather deeper than my local Supercharger, but then the soil here is rather sandy, afraid it might collapse so they didn't dig down too much here. Perhaps if you are having to climb down into it wider gives you places to walk.

We went by there around 1:00pm today- and the gate was closed, no workers - and no change since last week, I wonder if they have a labor or materials problem? It appears it's about ready to back fill around the conduits, as it did last week.

I know there is a very large Amazon distribution center under construction not far away- Lots of workers there, pouring concrete pretty much around the clock right now- and for the last 2 months, they have been bringing fill in 24Cu Yd belly dumps literally 100s of runs a day- Filling in an old gravel pit and raising the whole Amazon site up several feet to bring it out of the flood plane. Maybe there isn't any labor or fill available to continue right now?
Perhaps waiting on inspection? Just a guess.

Thur 12/30/21 update- Drove by around 2:00pm, 2 guys working filling in the hole from the big pile of dirt. Concrete form for a new light pole has been placed. The construction Fencing was moved a little into the roadway, like they are going to dig up some of the roadway outside the area, maybe for a bigger transformer since the existing one there doesn't look big enough to me? Not sure. I didn't take any pictures as they were working and I didn't think they would want their picture taken, I know I wouldn't :)

Drove by today - Jan 6th Didn't take any pictures since they were working. Here's what I noticed, the "pit" is nearly filled all the way in, there is however a new excavation on the south end, that is likely preparing for the transformer. No pedestal installation had occurred yet when we drove by. But I can't imagine it will be much longer until they install the pedestals. I'll check again in a few days. I'd guess we're about 3-4 weeks away from completion pending the likely transformer upgrade that looks like it's going in on the south end of the installation.

So the pull in stalls are more difficult to actually pull into- That is how they are at the Tucmucarri supercharger all the stalls are pull in, and frankly I worry about scraping them every time we have charged there.

Back in just requires you use the camera to see what's behind you. It's really not bad.

Glad they are nearly complete with this one.

Reactions: Sparky1