Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marathon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
9400 Overseas Highway, Marathon, Florida 33050

Address appears on page 13 of pdf

http://fl-monroecounty.civicplus.com/AgendaCenter/ViewFile/Item/5654?fileID=5513

if you read this document, Tesla apparently made agreement. it says the Supercharger becomes county property after this 5-year lease. This is a small town, so maybe this is not correct, but anyway, two questions. Are all the SpC leases like this? I assume probably not. Second, what are the implications? Might counties or mall owners or whomever choose to take them over and charge fees for use? Or choose to close them? Or, sell them to GM? Anyone have insight or info on other leases?

if you read this document, Tesla apparently made agreement. it says the Supercharger becomes county property after this 5-year lease. This is a small town, so maybe this is not correct, but anyway, two questions. Are all the SpC leases like this? I assume probably not. Second, what are the implications? Might counties or mall owners or whomever choose to take them over and charge fees for use? Or choose to close them? Or, sell them to GM? Anyone have insight or info on other leases?

It doesn't say the Supercharger becomes county property. It says "any improvements". This would cover the electrical upgrades, conduit, wiring, transformer, concrete, fencing, blacktop, etc, but would not cover the Supercharging cabinets, hardware or batteries.

Page 3, Item 10 calls them "trade fixtures".

Pretty standard with tenant improvements.

It doesn't say the Supercharger becomes county property. It says "any improvements". This would cover the electrical upgrades, conduit, wiring, transformer, concrete, fencing, blacktop, etc, but would not cover the Supercharging cabinets, hardware or batteries.

Page 3, Item 10 calls them "trade fixtures".

Pretty standard with tenant improvements.
Thanks for the succinct clarification. --Alex

Folks - would love some more info leads, tidbits, thoughts, propaganda, or maybe even blatant lies about when you think this SC in Marathon might open. Looking to travel the East Coast in Mid-March (maybe - this Supercharger is the Key hitch - get it?).
Can anybody give a sense if permitting is complete, if construction is near or underway...?? Thanks much

Folks - would love some more info leads, tidbits, thoughts, propaganda, or maybe even blatant lies about when you think this SC in Marathon might open. Looking to travel the East Coast in Mid-March (maybe - this Supercharger is the Key hitch - get it?).
Can anybody give a sense if permitting is complete, if construction is near or underway...?? Thanks much

Please see the last entry in the Marathon thread in the Florida Site..Supercharger in Marathon (FL Keys)

Yeah, I read up on the history of that airport. It just seems really odd as a supercharger location if there is nowhere to eat or pee.

Even the rental car locations are a bit of a walk.

I am of course happy that there will be a suoercharger going in as it will make key west much easier, but wish it wasn't in a modern ghost town.

Yeah, I read up on the history of that airport. It just seems really odd as a supercharger location if there is nowhere to eat or pee.

Even the rental car locations are a bit of a walk.

I am of course happy that there will be a suoercharger going in as it will make key west much easier, but wish it wasn't in a modern ghost town.

Perhaps it will create an opportunity for an entrepreneur to open a place nearby to 'eat or pee' :)

I drove by on my way to Key West and stopped by Valentines day weekend. I didn't notice any construction.

However, I did make it from Key West eco-discovery center HPWC to the Fort Myers SC in a single charge though. I took the turnpike to 41 across the everglades at night and got there with about 8 miles rated range left (2%). My trip energy consumption prediction went from -3% at the beginning to +7% at homestead, then back down to ~2-4% after the turnpike. I always had a warning to "drive slowly" on the nav screen. Typical traffic on the Keys and nobody on 41 (8-9pm on a Sunday) drove 5-10 over the limit the whole way on 41.

This Marathon SC would make the difference in taking 41 or 75 across the glades.

85kw with 19" tires.