Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marathon, FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The location of Supercharger Sites in the onboard Nav Map Screen is usually very good.

My practice going to an unknown Supercharger is to put the map in "satellite" mode and zoom way in as I get close. Often this will show local landmarks and routes through parking lots that are not visible in the "map" view.

Thanks Corey! Another great photo. It needs to be resized before uploading to Plugshare (2 MB max I think) but I can't do that right now. Maybe later.

It's true the map posted is crude, but I think you'll find that the actual location is approximately as depicted. Here's a Google Map with my best guess based on the Pediatric Clinic in the background

Yup, you got it! I spotted that clinic ONCE in Google Streetview and then inexplicably could. not. find. it. again. Thanks!

Here is a picture from the in car Nav screen with Sat view on and zoomed in to the max. This seems to show the Supercharger Site pretty well.

Marathon.JPG

• Helpful
Reactions: TexasDuke
With Marathon potentially? in the path of Hurricane Irma, is it possible and/or feasible for electricians to disconnect and remove the 4 superchargers to a safer place? I can't think of any better way to be assured they don't suffer salt water damage or worse.

With Marathon potentially? in the path of Hurricane Irma, is it possible and/or feasible for electricians to disconnect and remove the 4 superchargers to a safer place? I can't think of any better way to be assured they don't suffer salt water damage or worse.

At least it's a little elevated... I'd rather risk losing a supercharger to a storm than risk people getting stranded without it...

C85BZ9lWAAAUMN0.jpg

That SC is at an airport iirc. Not their first rodeo with storms. By now I'd expect most to be evacuated.

Hopefully the wx (Irma) veers northward as do the 2 storms behind it.

20' storm surge is just staggering - that's tsunami-like damage. The west coast (US) received 3' and 7' tsunami impacts a few years back and million$ of damage was done in very localized areas.

For what it's worth, a couple of the Texas Superchargers were probably underwater briefly during Harvey, and as far as we can tell they're all back online now. That was fresh water from rain though. Salt water from storm surge may be a bigger problem due to corrosion.

• Informative
Reactions: TexasDuke