Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marianna FL

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Cool! Status changed from Permit to Under Construction. That's a step in the right direction.

This will make my trip to The Villages in Lady Lake so much nicer. My Mom and Dad and brother and sister live there. No more DeFuniak (Supercharger is only 50 ish miles from home and a few miles off I-10.) and no more Tallahassee (Seemed to be crowded every time I was there. Only 6 chargers.)

Plus Marianna will be V3. I'll hit Marianna and then Live Oak. Live Oak is right on I-10. Then all the way to Lady Lake instead of stopping in Ocala to top off. There's a new V3 charger right in The Villages now. So I can go there anytime.

Planning my next trip for as soon as the Marianna charger comes online. Life is good!

Last edited:
Marianna Supercharger 4.jpg

Construction has started and is fairly advanced. Dickey's Barbeque Pit is located to the right.

Marianna Supercharger 5 (2).jpg

All 8 charging posts, the main switchgear, Supercharger cabinets, and the concrete pad for the utility transformer are installed.

New Supercharger Station Discovered in Permitting for Marianna in the Panhandle [Under Construction] (Public)

Larry

Hooray! Thank you Larry. I've been too busy for the last two weeks to check on the permit. This only took 10 months after I first posted that this should be under construction...

Anyone visiting, please look for A) utility transformer and B) utility meter. Those are two installation milestones that often indicate that the site is pretty much complete. Until you see those, they are waiting for the utility.

Reactions: Larry Chanin
Depending on how you measure, about 2000 feet.

Thanks Pstewart! Just waiting on meter now. The permit shows that final inspection was done (and passed) on Tuesday, and a "certificate of completion" was uploaded today. After meter install, then it'll just need the Tesla tech visit and it'll be live.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: PStewart
Ok. That's great. DeFuniak Springs is not a bad stop. But it is still just pretty close to home and it is a few miles off of I-10. Marianna seems like it's gonna be a much better stop. Seems like more amenities there too. But should be a fairly quick stop being V3. Thank you.

Reactions: PStewart
Chris,
Thanks, but I haven't been able to locate that Plugshare location near Dickey's BBQ. Can you please provide the Plugshare link or reference?

View attachment 634093

Larry
It was at the unofficial and restricted listing pin that people use to get around Plugshare's policy on not letting public users add Supercharger locations. Once Tesla marks it in their own system as open and the database updates, Plugshare's feed will automatically add the real pin to the Plugshare map. This has the effect of making it so that supercharger sites that are in construction or otherwise aren't yet open don't have normal pins. But in the meantime, you can see the "covert" one here: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You