Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marietta, Ga

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Wow, that is sort of an odd "cubby hole" spot. I used to live near there (>15 years) and a runner so been through/around a 1000 times. May drive up for Saturday's run and get some pics.

Searched back through my pics and don't have any of the lot. After all it is the back of a shopping center. Here are couple from around it.

Looking south on Interstate North Parkway and it is the left turn on Interstate North Hwy and in the general area of the parked cars on left.
IMG_2406 (1).jpeg

Interstate North standing on Windy Hill. You can see proximity to SunTrust......I mean Truist Park.:eek::D
IMG_4726.jpeg

Looking north direction on Interstate North Parkway and 2ed right.
IMG_0383.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

ChrisC

see signature
Apr 27, 2009
Atlanta, GA
Thank you jcaruso! Just yesterday I was nudging the local community (on Facebook) to hunt for this. Perhaps you saw that and went hunting.

My guess at the official address :

Either
3000 Windy Hill Road
Or
120 Interstate N Pkwy
Atlanta, GA 30339

M3BlueGeorgia

Dec 10, 2018
Atlanta, GA
Pretty insane that this location escaped scrutiny until this late into the construction process.

It is, based on its location, the long-promised "Cumberland Mall area" Supercharger.

shots

Jan 2, 2020
Atlanta
Pretty insane that this location escaped scrutiny until this late into the construction process.

It is, based on its location, the long-promised "Cumberland Mall area" Supercharger.
Is there a good way to find these? Do folks have government permit websites that they scour through to find these?

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Quick correction to thread title. It is located in Cumberland (CID) not Marietta.

Here is a map of the area:

Blue Star: Original "Coming Soon" Supercharger map location in Cumberland. I lived near this in Chattahoochee Bluffs townhomes.
Green Star: Was where I hoped/conjectured it might be located.
Red Star: Location

Oddly Tesla first listed the Cumberland site on the Supercharger map about 4 years ago (Blue Star). It was there until Acworth opened and then removed. I just assumed that Tesla moved it from Cumberland to Acworth.
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 6.05.54 PM.png

Here is a map of Cumberland (CID) and the location in Red Star.
Screen Shot 2021-03-03 at 5.51.47 PM.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: M3BlueGeorgia

ItsNotAboutTheMoney

Jul 12, 2012
Maine
Marietta, GA

Along Primary Interstates: I-75
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-41
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-285

I-75

To: Acworth, GA - 18.3 miles
Diversion: 0.9 miles
To: Chattanooga, TN - 102.7 miles

Atlanta-area v3 Supercharging that can help avoid central Atlanta.

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Interesting that Tesla has added the Cumberland location back on the Supercharger Map (Don't think it was there a couple of days ago). Also oddly they show it in Marietta instead of where it is in Cumberland.

Screen Shot 2021-03-05 at 8.09.20 AM.png

Sklith

Jul 23, 2019
GA
Cool! Glad to know that I have a Supercharging spot if I'm planning on dropping a passenger off somewhere far after a Braves game.

jsight

Apr 5, 2018
Charleston
Something strange. If these are V3 chargers, why are the stalls numbered 1A, 1B, 2A, 2B, etc?

Even though they don't reduce output due to load sharing, don't they still share cabinets? I've noticed that V3 stations seem to have 1A-1D at some stations, so I assumed there must be some shared infrastructure.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC