Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marietta, Ga

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it looks like it ready. Could not find the meter. It wasn't on the outside of the green cabinet. Transformer is installed and pavement is painted. White cabinets still covered.
Pics March 13th: Now this is odd. they are 12 numbered 1,2 & 3 with A,B,C & D. This is the first V3's I have seen with numbering and seems to be 4 per cabinet. What does this mean?
IMG_7081.jpeg

Damn they rushed these . looks like they are almost through with the install.
IMG_7080.jpeg

Here is the "back" entrance to avoid going through the traffic of the shopping center.
IMG_7082.jpeg

ICED already.
IMG_7083.jpeg

Progress as of Friday morning. Trying next to find probable location for Adairsville.
View attachment 642402
View attachment 642403
My guess is the new Buc-ee’s in Calhoun, GA gets it. It appears the Buc-ee’s will open during Q2 which lines up with Tesla’s estimate.

The Adairsville/Calhoun charger will help me a lot traveling north to Knoxville. It’s a long charge in Acworth to avoid Chattanooga.

Reactions: pl8dlikafiddle
Pics March 13th: Now this is odd. they are 12 numbered 1,2 & 3 with A,B,C & D. This is the first V3's I have seen with numbering and seems to be 4 per cabinet. What does this mean?
Yes, that's how V3 superchargers work. They haven't always put the stickers on the stalls, but it's not rare that they are there. My belief is that sites not having them was due to supply issues with the stickers when they first started rolling out the V3 locations. But V3 have always been 4:1, with A-D designators even if those markings weren't visible.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheDom and Big Earl
My guess is the new Buc-ee’s in Calhoun, GA gets it. It appears the Buc-ee’s will open during Q2 which lines up with Tesla’s estimate.

The Adairsville/Calhoun charger will help me a lot traveling north to Knoxville. It’s a long charge in Acworth to avoid Chattanooga.
I have driven to exit 306 in Adairsville and I didn't think there were any good locations for superchargers. I drove through Calhoun yesterday. I thought the Love's Travel Stop would be a good location because Love has partnered with Tesla for supercharger locations in TX and AL. Love's is also partnering with Electrify America to install their chargers. From Green Car Reports August 2020: "So far, Electrify America and Love's Travel Stops have completed one charging site each in Oklahoma, Utah, and Florida, plus two sites in New Mexico." I saw the construction of Buc-ee across the road from Love and that is another good possible location. Tesla is partnering with both Love's and Buc-ee to install EV chargers.

Reactions: tc521
I have driven to exit 306 in Adairsville and I didn't think there were any good locations for superchargers. I drove through Calhoun yesterday. I thought the Love's Travel Stop would be a good location because Love has partnered with Tesla for supercharger locations in TX and AL. Love's is also partnering with Electrify America to install their chargers. From Green Car Reports August 2020: "So far, Electrify America and Love's Travel Stops have completed one charging site each in Oklahoma, Utah, and Florida, plus two sites in New Mexico." I saw the construction of Buc-ee across the road from Love and that is another good possible location. Tesla is partnering with both Love's and Buc-ee to install EV chargers.
I’ll be happy with either location on that exit. It would probably be easier to add them at Buc-ee’s during the building construction though. Either option would save me 20 minutes of charging time compared to Acworth.

Are building permits and plans available online for Calhoun?

For the record, this site popped up on Tesla's public "findus" page yesterday, and as a result is now listed on Plugshare.

Tesla is getting a lot faster at updating their public map! It used to take weeks and occasionally much longer (Acworth took two months).

It looks like the Marietta Supercharger has been found and is under construction. It's a little hard to see in the image, but it looks like there will be 12 v3 chargers (3 cabinets).

Supercharger installation in Marietta, GA, USA

Marietta, GA | Tesla

@MarcoRP @Chuq
GREAT info jcaruso!!! Looks like it's over by the Marietta Athletics Club, Post Office and Three Dollar Cafe. Nice to know Marietta / Cobb now has Superchargers. I've heard superchargers were coming to the Marietta Square area. Not sure if it was just rumor or actual facts. It would be nice to have multiple options to choose from.

GREAT info jcaruso!!! Looks like it's over by the Marietta Athletics Club, Post Office and Three Dollar Cafe. Nice to know Marietta / Cobb now has Superchargers. I've heard superchargers were coming to the Marietta Square area. Not sure if it was just rumor or actual facts. It would be nice to have multiple options to choose from.
I live just off the Square and have not heard anything about Superchargers coming to the area, but will definitely keep my eyes peeled!

There aren't any stations coming to Marietta Square. When Tesla places markers on their map for locations that are "coming soon", they drop the marker at the center of the municipality. This station that we are talking about in this thread ***IS*** the "Marietta" site they had planned. As another example look at the East Point location - - the marker is at the city center over by the airport, but the actual location is off 285. Ditto for Sandy Springs, Madison, etc etc. The exact location of the marker means nothing.

The cabinet of stalls furthest away from the Subway is not working. I think it was 1A, 1B, 1C, 1D. The really annoying thing is all 4 TESLA logos are lit up and the button on the handles unlocks your chargeport but they don't actually give you any electrons (and it's easy not to notice if you aren't paying attention). When I was at this location there were 4-6 cars charging at any given time so every time a new car came they would pick one of the 4 empty stalls on the end. I was trying to eat in my car, but I kept having to get out to tell people to move their cars. One of the guys had a family and didn't notice it wasn't charging so I definitely saved him some time.

A week ago, someone asked about this site in a Plugshare checkin, planning a future roadtrip. Apparently it is showing up in Tesla nav as offline. I happened to be in the area that day and drove by to check. The stations were lit up and getting used -- half a dozen cars when I visited.

Sadly, just today I realized that I posted this in the wrong* thread! So now posting it here. Whoops!
* grumbleRoswellRoadIsReallyLongTheyShouldCallThatOtherSiteEastCobbgrumble

Anyway, I think you can ignore site-down status from Tesla on this one.

Reactions: Pluto
A week ago, someone asked about this site in a Plugshare checkin, planning a future roadtrip. Apparently it is showing up in Tesla nav as offline. I happened to be in the area that day and drove by to check. The stations were lit up and getting used -- half a dozen cars when I visited.

Sadly, just today I realized that I posted this in the wrong* thread! So now posting it here. Whoops!
* grumbleRoswellRoadIsReallyLongTheyShouldCallThatOtherSiteEastCobbgrumble

Anyway, I think you can ignore site-down status from Tesla on this one.
While the address is Marietta it is located in the Cumberland CID. Cumberland doesn't have an address and about 3/4 is an Atlanta address and ¼ is Marietta address. So it should be called Cumberland.