Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marina Del Rey, CA (4755 S. Alla Rd., permit found)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

Found a permit filing from 2018 for a remodel of the Marina Del Rey delivery center at 4755 Alla Rd. As part of the renovations, there is also a plan to install a 1200A service for Super EV Chargers (Superchargers) at the location. The plan check was approved in May, so this one may go ahead instead of the Bali Way Supercharger in MdR proper, for which there hasn’t been much progress since the permit approval in January.

LADBS Permit Search

E0227860-4F17-40B5-8276-8BC6A060F9D9.jpeg

You might wish to amend the title to Marina Del Rey. There is a hamlet in Fresno County well off the beaten path named Del Rey.

Then there is also Playa Del Rey.
I put LA in brackets for a reason. If you put "Del Rey LA" in Google Maps, you should get a little area about 2 blocks from the center.

The naming can be a little confusing, Because in the same area there are places named Marina Del Rey, Playa Del Rey, and Del Rey. The Marina is of course on the water, Playa is a couple of miles inland, and Del Rey is in between the other two. Marina Del Rey is an unincorporated area of Los Angeles County, while the other two are within the Los Angeles city limits. Even locals get confused about which is which.

Eh, Playa Vista is a couple miles inland, but Playa Del Rey is on the water :)

Anyway, to stay on topic, this is the location of the Tesla Delivery Center. Next to the park on Alla. I wonder if these could be non-public superchargers if they plan to make this into a service center. The service center on centinela is bursting at the seams.

Eh, Playa Vista is a couple miles inland, but Playa Del Rey is on the water :)

Anyway, to stay on topic, this is the location of the Tesla Delivery Center. Next to the park on Alla. I wonder if these could be non-public superchargers if they plan to make this into a service center. The service center on centinela is bursting at the seams.

Right, that makes four! I live here, and even I cant keep 'em straight.