Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marina Del Rey, CA (LIVE 28 Jul 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Mahreena del RAAYuh?

kristen-wiig-no-waih.gif

There are quite a few valet locations. There's one in Brooklyn. At least three in Manhattan. I think there is another location in CA somewhere that is valet. You have a choice whether to use a location that requires Valet but I know of no stipulation that a supercharger location cannot be valet.
Santana Row - San José, Van Ness Ave in SF (at least on paper but some have self parked), Francisco St in DTLA, are the main ones I know.

Now that everyone has hopefully gotten the complaining out of their system...what activities do people recommend doing while you're not sitting in you car? What's there to do?
Not a hell of a lot, besides the hotel restaurant. There are boat slips, if you like to look at boats. Bali Way is little more than a glorified parking lot. And a walk to anything interesting and back would likely take longer than you would need to charge.

Another wrinkle Tonight. I went there late to find the valet asking for $10 to charge. And when I said the first he is free he said ok go ahead. The driver plugged in next to me told me he paid the $10 cuz he needed the charge. This is really getting messed up. Gave him the managers number to request a refund.

• Informative
Reactions: Willis and Big Earl
Another wrinkle Tonight. I went there late to find the valet asking for $10 to charge. And when I said the first he is free he said ok go ahead. The driver plugged in next to me told me he paid the $10 cuz he needed the charge. This is really getting messed up. Gave him the managers number to request a refund.
Ohhhh woow, now the valet trying to do business lol. Its funny and F***ed up at the same time.

All I can say is that I would be pissed off if the car's navigation sent me to a valet only location. It is one thing if I plan a trip to go somewhere valet. But using the vehicle's automation and being routed to one unaware would be upsetting. Hopefully Tesla has smarts in their backend systems that de-prioritize valet only locations in routing decisions and only sends you there if it was either required to get to your destination or there was a long wait at any alternatives. And it should warn you as well.

Reactions: cruiserlarry
This looks like a job for an undercover secret agent to record the valet ripping off Tesla customers!

Reactions: Willis