Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marina Del Rey, CA (LIVE 28 Jul 2022, 8 V3 stalls)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Possible LADBS Permit: 18041-20000-39505. About right for 10 urban superchargers. Noticed a set of 5 large conduits appear in the last few weeks in the Marina Marketplace parking ramp. Will poke around.
Permit shows “Work Description: new 2000 amp service to an exisitng commercial building. plan check for power only. distribution board only.”

Doesn’t sound like a Supercharger to me since the work is for power to a building.

Permit shows “Work Description: new 2000 amp service to an exisitng commercial building. plan check for power only. distribution board only.”

Doesn’t sound like a Supercharger to me since the work is for power to a building.

Well, the existing building is a multi-level parking garage with shops, restaurants, and movie theater attached. Unless the vacant shell of the old Sports Chalet needs a 2000A upgrade, I think it's still a good chance it is EV charging related. I didn't see any MdR location on the Electrify America map, but can't rule that out.

The 5, 4-inch conduits running the length of the garage are still being installed. It should get a little more clear soon.

• Informative
Reactions: mociaf9
Welp, nearly a year later, nothing yet eh? It's still on Tesla's site, opening date 2020 now.

Basement near Sports Chalet would be a pretty good spot. Always empty down there. (at least, until they open something new, but it's been vacant for a couple years now...)

Recently, I found a new permit for Tesla to build a new V3 Supercharger in Marina Del Rey, at 13534 Bali Way. The permit is for the installation of 8 V3 Superchargers at the Marina Del Rey Hotel. The permit, applied for in January, is marked as approved and ready to go ahead. There hasn’t been much more activity since (or at least I haven’t found any), but with Elon saying Tesla would work especially on the West-LA area, I’m expecting Tesla to go through with this one.

B0FCAB63-1FA5-451C-9FB3-642F2DA2961B.jpeg