Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Markham - Markville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Great news guys the Congee Queen is my significant other's fav when in TO.

So, my wife used to go to a gym that had a view to a back alley looking onto the Congee Queen's back door at the corner of 7 & McCowan.

True story : She sees employees of that "restaurant" haphazardly drop a pig carcass on the ground off the back of a truck, then repeatedly kick it (the pig) and then shove it through the back door into the butcher room/kitchen. :eek:

YMMV when it comes to that place.

• Informative
Reactions: Jaff
Map location of the exact spot for the charging bays.
Google Maps

See below for exact parking location of the chargers.

They will be 100% visible from the intersection, which is one of the busiest in Markham, this is very visible, and I believe it will make for excellent marketing.
map-markham-sc.PNG

Last edited:
Interesting tidbits regarding this supercharger location.

1. Near "car dealer alley". Just 1 km to the east on Highway 7 are half a dozen car dealerships.

2. Mercedes recently made a big splash about putting a "store" in this mall. Big Mercedes three point star sign was prominent on the side of the mall east wall, which is close to the supercharger parking.

3. The parking spots for this location are certainly not the farthest from the stores, and in peak times, there isn't a spot in the lot available. Then again, these spots are far enough away during most non-peak times to not be full up.

4. Tesla almost certainly picked this spot for marketing reasons, but it's pretty easy to get to as it's a short 5 minute traffic filled slog up McCowan Rd to get to the mall from the 407.

5. Extremely safe location. York Region police at 1.3 km north on McCowan.

6. From the "did you know" file, Google has a feature where you can annotate their maps. Here is an annotated map link with the supercharger location on it with the description: Google Maps

Interesting tidbits regarding this supercharger location.

1. Near "car dealer alley". Just 1 km to the east on Highway 7 are half a dozen car dealerships.

2. Mercedes recently made a big splash about putting a "store" in this mall. Big Mercedes three point star sign was prominent on the side of the mall east wall, which is close to the supercharger parking.

3. The parking spots for this location are certainly not the farthest from the stores, and in peak times, there isn't a spot in the lot available. Then again, these spots are far enough away during most non-peak times to not be full up.

4. Tesla almost certainly picked this spot for marketing reasons, but it's pretty easy to get to as it's a short 5 minute traffic filled slog up McCowan Rd to get to the mall from the 407.

5. Extremely safe location. York Region police at 1.3 km north on McCowan.

6. From the "did you know" file, Google has a feature where you can annotate their maps. Here is an annotated map link with the supercharger location on it with the description: Google Maps

This is good...folks who might look at buying a Mercedes can see what they're missing!

Reactions: SmartElectric
Highlights for today's progress.

1. The concrete cut and excavation covers precisely 20 parking spaces
Note : There are 7 tall wood crates and 3 even taller cabinets that aren't in crates. I don't know if this means 20 stalls, or 14, as I've never seen such tall cabinets at any supercharger location.

2. The "alltrade" trailer is onsite

3. Insufficient porta-potty

20171024_221405.jpg
20171024_221433.jpg
20171024_221458.jpg
20171024_221514.jpg