Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Markham - Markville, ON

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

DMC-Orangeville

Audi eTron & John Deere 5100E
Feb 14, 2015
Orangeville ON Canada
Per request

Markham Supercharger material was delivered October 18 to CF Markville Mall at Highway #7 and McCowan. Construction starts soon!

DMcqJdHWkAEqxIq.jpg:large

It won't be as the main reason that one is so bad is that it is a service centre and Tesla is often using some of the SCs. There are also several SCs planned for the city of Toronto through the 2018 period as well as many of the 'burbs.

I don't know... that mall is pretty busy especially on the weekends. Depending where it is on the lot, there is a good potential for icing...

I drove by today. It's not a good spot for ICE'ing I don't think as it's fairly far from the mall. It's actually fairly close to the South East intersection. I suppose some people could park there and then take the bus somewhere though. McDonalds and the Markville foodcourt are close by.

I guess my biggest beef is it's one of the busiest intersections in Markham and I try to avoid that area of town, which means I likely won't use it much. Was hoping for something further North in Markham. Oh well, definitely not complaining though! Now that I think about it, this is actually likely going to incent me to go to the mall and spend more money there than I would if I just charged at home and paid for it.

Found the place on supercharge.info and found a more precise location on maps. Is it precise @DMC-Orangeville?
2nd of all, I think it's a bad location for travellers from the east like me, which can't take the 407ETR unless willing to waste however much that HWY costs to then drive to Muskoka to visit friends. I think Vaughan is the best place of all because of places like Vaughan Mills or the IKEA Vaughan, along the 404 which can feed you with great food (and chocolate too)
IMG_1428.PNG
IMG_1427.PNG

Hopefully this is the start of full-on construction in the GTA. Again - don't forget that this isn't the only SC to be constructed. @Mr. PlugShare - there is also supposed to be a SC built in Pickering this year. If you are coming from the east to go to Muskoka you can stop there. But there are also (already existing) SCs in Port Hope, Barrie and Huntsville to use along that route. And if you are going to Muskoka and your time is worth more than $5/hr I would absolutely recommend paying the tolls to take Hwy 407 rather than taking the 401. The Ikea in Vaughan is not along the 404, it is at the 400 and 407. And there is a SC on the map for Concord in 2017 (Concord is a neighbourhood within Vaughan) which should be close to the intersection of Hwy 407&400. And there is also another SC set for 2017 for Vaughan itself in addition to the ones in Concord and Markham.

Don't forget that the plans call for one in Vaughan and one in Concord so that should give you three SCs in the Hwy 7/407 corridor. You may want them spaced out a bit. The Concord one by the 400/407 intersection, the Vaughan one by Yonge and 407/7 and then this one in Markham.

I would be very happy if one is going to be built @ hwy7/Yonge. However, I would be even happier if Tesla can build them out to PEI

Reactions: Lex
Found the place on supercharge.info and found a more precise location on maps. Is it precise @DMC-Orangeville?
2nd of all, I think it's a bad location for travellers from the east like me, which can't take the 407ETR unless willing to waste however much that HWY costs to then drive to Muskoka to visit friends. I think Vaughan is the best place of all because of places like Vaughan Mills or the IKEA Vaughan, along the 404 which can feed you with great food (and chocolate too)View attachment 255119 View attachment 255118
2nd of all, I think it's a bad location for travellers from the east like me, which can't take the 407ETR unless willing to waste however much that HWY costs to then drive to Muskoka to visit friends. I think Vaughan is the best place of all because of places like Vaughan Mills or the IKEA Vaughan, along the 404 which can feed you with great food (and chocolate too)View attachment 255119 View attachment 255118

Great news guys the Congee Queen is my significant other's fav when in TO.