Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marlton, NJ

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok, I am re-educated on the local demographics, thanks.

But still, these superchargers are not intended for the wealthy local Marltonites to charge their cars so I don't think the local demographics played any role in the choice of location.

I think what plays a role from Tesla end is location, willingness of the shopping center to install (which can be tied to money), and nearby amenities (food, drink, shopping)... if I had to guess. From the destination end it’s “will this increase customers in my shopping center?” ... so it’s a bit of both.

• Helpful
Reactions: madodel
I think what plays a role from Tesla end is location, willingness of the shopping center to install (which can be tied to money), and nearby amenities (food, drink, shopping)... if I had to guess. From the destination end it’s “will this increase customers in my shopping center?” ... so it’s a bit of both.

But that's also true of every other SC location as well, I'm not sure what makes this one any different.

Reactions: NobleNoir
But that's also true of every other SC location as well, I'm not sure what makes this one any different.

Agreed. ... i was contrasting it.... It’s not that big of a thing, but the affluence of the area allowed promenade to exist which, in turn, allowed this to happen (vs. “the local demographics [didn’t play any role] in the choice of location.”) I’m just excited for more local superchargers lol, not trying to start anything. I’m more curious who we can bother to make it a reality faster. I called the promenade help desk and tried to get specifics on timing. She just said it’s being worked on and should be done “soon”. I imagine if a bunch of people called it would help move it along but I obviously don’t know the ‘bottleneck’ (lol) <3

With a project like the supercharger network that has so many locations being built, you will often get seemingly bizzare/random sites being selected that don't seem to fit the expected uses or current strategy very well. This happens for all sorts of reasons. Some possible ones for this particular spot:
  • Tesla may have internal plans to eventually build a Service Center somewhere such that having this supercharger location would provide an appreciable benefit even if it's not that useful for major thoroughfare traffic.
  • A number of shareholders or VIP clients had requested a supercharger in the area.
  • A Tesla executive or employee involved in site selections often travels a specific route that this location would benefit and due to personal influence was able to get it through review (e.g. helps with drive to visit family or vacation home).
  • The host property owner was very proactive in requesting to partner with Tesla, including possibly offering better terms over what Tesla normally gets.
  • etc.
If Tesla had super low desire to service a particular area/route, most of those reasons probably wouldn't be sufficient to get it done. But if it was just seen as a somewhat sub-optimal node location in the context of the current network or a place Tesla sees that they would eventually be interested in in the long run, they might be okay with it.

Reactions: Thinkje
For an unknown reason, the SemaConnect charger has been decommissioned. Promenade at Sagemore will probably install another charger to supply other EVs needs.

• Informative
Reactions: gavine
3/24/2019: Was at this site today. Looks like V2 Superchargers by the size of the cable.
12 stalls, but looks like more electrical work still to be done before operational.
I've posted a few photo's.

Attachments

• IMG_2653 (2).JPG
    IMG_2653 (2).JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2656 (2).JPG
    IMG_2656 (2).JPG
    839.2 KB · Views: 87
  • IMG_2657 (2).JPG
    IMG_2657 (2).JPG
    841.3 KB · Views: 79