TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Supercharger - Maroochydore, Qld

Discussion in 'Australia & New Zealand' started by LGGD, Nov 17, 2018.

1. dogphlap

dogphlap Member

Last day of spring was the 31st of November 2018 (at least in Qld Australia).

• Informative x 1
  2. aegidius

aegidius Member

If they're talking about the northern spring then they're really late. Or on Elon time :)

3. Chuq

Chuq Active Member

I'm not really sure why you'd need to do that? It will appear when it is live.

• Like x 1
  4. lonewolf313

lonewolf313 Member

With the American way of thinking, Spring does not end until the Summer Solstice which occurs here on 23rd December

5. aegidius

aegidius Member

They have a list of SC that are coming soon (like Gympie) and the Maroochydore one isn't even on that list.

6. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

So?

7. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

Yeah, I thought that it was the same for everyone, naive me!

8. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

And it is operational.

• Like x 1
  9. Mr. PlugShare

Mr. PlugShare For the Love of EVs

@BlueShift

10. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

It’s official:

979B82B7-5625-4D60-AF6B-72640A394C9F.jpeg

• Like x 1
  11. garyjac

garyjac Member

MAroochydore may be the replacement for Gympie and the next one will go to Maryborough?

12. raynewman

raynewman Active Member

Sounds reasonable.

13. LGGD

LGGD Active Member

92FAADEB-312F-4B06-BB31-459AD26B143C.jpeg 11D62E89-538C-4F9C-9630-E51FF2E954F2.jpeg Had to drive up myself to get some shots of it operational.

• Like x 3
  14. TezzaB

TezzaB Member

I was about to post almost exactly the same photo as your first one! Mine is the Titanium 70D.

• Like x 2
  15. rrosenbl

rrosenbl Member

Thanks for the video, I'll be reporting on this SC location on today's recording to the Talking Tesla Podcast and your vid gave me a better sense of the site. The full supercharger, with 8-cars waiting, that you referred to was in Culver City, CA near LA international airport. The Kettlemen City supercharger midway between Los Angeles and San Francisco has 40-stalls and to date has never been reported full. The situation in California is serious where at peak times there are waits al long as 2-hours at Superchargers. Thanks again!

16. miimura

miimura Active Member

Actually, people did report Kettleman as momentarily full at various times during the recent Thanksgiving holiday week. With 40 stalls, there is typically turnover more than once per minute, so even if there were a queue, it would probably move pretty fast.

We are also getting a 61 stall Tesla installation in Silicon Valley. It will have a mixture of Wall Connectors and Urban Superchargers. The number of each is not known yet since it's still under construction.

17. dogphlap

dogphlap Member

I was at Sunshine Plaza yesterday. I witnessed a case of ICEing but to be fair there were 5 of the 6 chargers unoccupied and the car moved off shortly after this photo was taken. I have no idea how long the car had been parked in a Tesla spot. 20181217_111153.jpg

18. meloccom

meloccom Moderator Aus/NZ

Best way to prevent ICEing is to use the chargers frequently.
    The chargers nearest to me are in Bondi Junction Westfield, at first they were ICE’d frequently but more recently they are occupied by charging cars more often and the number of incidents of ICEing has dropped off. Even now in the lead up to Xmas and the ICEing is infrequent. EV’s using the spaces but not charging is another matter unfortunately.