Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marquette, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First Supercharger in the UP? at 171 miles to the nearest supercharger in Mackinaw City this looks to be the most isolated supercharger in the US. I have dreams of traveling through here.
It's actually slightly closer to the Howard, WI supercharger if you input the precise addresses. Howard, Mackinaw City, and SSM, ON are all 172-175 miles away.

Reactions: outdoors
I've driven my MS85 to Marquette many times since 2014...at the time I lived in Boston and owned a cottage near Traverse City. You had to plan ahead for waiting/stopping at destination chargers in northern lower MI and the UP from 2014 until about 2016/2017 as traveling north of Lansing prior to the expansion of the SC network was, well, an adventure ....now it's almost a dull breeze. Used to charge at my in-laws in Harvey (dryer plug) and in the Mqt downtown garage and occasionally at RV parks and hotels en route. From Mqt westward, now, they still need at least one more (Ironwood? Ashland?) and maybe Houghton/Hancock for those who want to go "off the grid". Glad to see all this is finally happening!

I would definitely charge to 90 or even 100% at Mackinaw City on the way to this supercharger. 170ish miles between superchargers doesn't leave a lot of margin, although you would be traveling at a bit lower speeds
If you actually do travel the speed limit (isn't it like 55 most of the way?), your efficiency is going to be phenomenal. I'm sure they took this into account when choosing Marquette for this location.

Reactions: Big Earl