Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marquette, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was able to give Todd and Josh our gift today. They were beyond surprised and appreciative! Thanks again for everybody's generosity!

Here’s what each of them received:
  • $10 gift card to Border Grill
  • $10 6-pack of various beers from UP breweries
  • $10 UP coasters
  • $5 Pint of Pure UP Maple Syrup
  • $5 of chocolates from Doncker’s
Hahaha yes! I'm so glad to have contributed. I'll be seeing the progress on Friday evening/Saturday Morning when I'm there to see aurora Friday night. Maybe they'll be done by then :eek: Beer, grill food, coasters, maple syrup, and chocolate... great time to be a Tesla contractor LOL
I also chatted with them about progress. The plan from Tesla is to have all 3 UP Superchargers commissioned by July 4. However, if they can get equipment soon, it seems hopeful that they'll be powered on sooner.

Their goal is to have Marquette finished this week (assuming equipment arrives as its supposed to) then hop down and continue in Escanaba. Sounds like since they have started Escanaba, they'll finish that before heading over to the Soo.
Wow! Amazing! Looking forward to having the UP "unlocked" for the average day-to-day Tesla read tripper!

Hope it's done by Friday 😂

Reactions: Calimenti
I was able to give Todd and Josh our gift today. They were beyond surprised and appreciative! Thanks again for everybody's generosity!

Here’s what each of them received:
  • $10 gift card to Border Grill
  • $10 6-pack of various beers from UP breweries
  • $10 UP coasters
  • $5 Pint of Pure UP Maple Syrup
  • $5 of chocolates from Doncker’s
View attachment 661391

I also chatted with them about progress. Nothing really to show with a photo today, but the plan from Tesla is to have all 3 UP Superchargers commissioned by July 4. However, if they can get equipment soon, it seems hopeful that they'll be powered on much sooner.

Their goal is to have Marquette finished this week (assuming equipment arrives as its supposed to) then hop down and continue in Escanaba. Sounds like since they have started Escanaba, they'll finish that before heading over to the Soo.
Wow fantastic and thanks!

Reactions: tesrella
Status as of May 12 (Meijer parking lot in Marquette)...
IMG_1218.jpeg

@TMac5000 @TheDANboni see any changes today? Going to see it Saturday afternoon.
No changes today. Stopped by but no activity. Based on the info from the Escanaba thread it looks like they must be working down there until equipment comes to Marquette.

I’ll probably be over there again tomorrow so I’ll take another look then.

I haven't posted in a few days because I figured there's no point in posting until something changes. Now, today, the equipment finally arrived!

It looks like everything needed is now on site. Two cabinets have arrived in the white wrapping (1 per each 4 stalls). There's 2 pedestals in each of those boxes and 4 boxes total (2x4 = 8 total). The brown tarp-wrapped pallet looks to be fencing material (I peeked under the tarp) for around the equipment area.

From the Escanaba thread, it looks like the guys must be working down there but I'll bet they'll be back up to Marquette before the end of the week to finish it up. Then we'll just be waiting for inspections and final commissioning from Tesla (which probably won't happen until Esky and SSM are constructed too).

Enjoy the photos!

IMG_0447.jpeg

IMG_0448.jpeg

IMG_0449.jpeg

IMG_0450.jpeg

IMG_0451.jpeg

IMG_0452.jpeg

IMG_0453.jpeg

From the Escanaba thread, it looks like the guys must be working down there but I'll bet they'll be back up to Marquette before the end of the week to finish it up. Then we'll just be waiting for inspections and final commissioning from Tesla (which probably won't happen until Esky and SSM are constructed too).
Thanks for the updates! Marquette was beautiful this past weekend. Loved the chargers in the parking garage.

You really think they're going to do the certifications etc all at once and not on an individual when-ready basis?

Thanks for the updates! Marquette was beautiful this past weekend. Loved the chargers in the parking garage.

You really think they're going to do the certifications etc all at once and not on an individual when-ready basis?
Glad to have you in Marquette! You came on the perfect weekend. The parking garage spot is pretty decent especially if you’re spending some time here.

During one of the conversations I had with the workers, they told me Tesla will commission all 3 chargers at the same time because a Tesla employee won’t travel to the area separately for each charger.

But progress is definitely being made toward them all so maybe it will still be sooner rather than later!

Glad to have you in Marquette! You came on the perfect weekend. The parking garage spot is pretty decent especially if you’re spending some time here.

During one of the conversations I had with the workers, they told me Tesla will commission all 3 chargers at the same time because a Tesla employee won’t travel to the area separately for each charger.

But progress is definitely being made toward them all so maybe it will still be sooner rather than later!
Awesome. Maybe they will also have the power turned on "accidentally" before then, I've seen others in the past working before they actually show up in the car's nav... hm.

Reactions: Calimenti
Installation of pedestals, cabinets, and wiring is happening as I type. Looks like a local electrical company taking care of this part of the install. The amount of hardware and wiring is crazy. It makes me appreciate what's involved in supercharging.

I couldn't chat with any of the workers but they were working on the last 2 stalls with 6 already wired up. Based on what I know about Marquette Board of Light and Power (the local power company), they're very responsive and quick about their work so I'm guessing they'll be there with a transformer soon.

IMG_0456.jpeg

IMG_0457.jpeg

IMG_0458.jpeg