Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marquette, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not much happening over there currently. Looks like all the connections are made and the pedestals are in place. I'm guessing the transformer is the next step but I don't see anything like a transformer on site yet.

Here's what it looks like today:

IMG_0463.jpeg

IMG_0464.jpeg

Not much happening over there currently. Looks like all the connections are made and the pedestals are in place. I'm guessing the transformer is the next step but I don't see anything like a transformer on site yet.

Here's what it looks like today:

View attachment 666094

View attachment 666095
The empty pad on the left of the first pic is where the transformer will go. The wait begins...

Reactions: Calimenti
About a year ago I was talking to a fellow from one of the electric coops in MN. He said the lead time on transformers had gotten much worse because of Covid, and speculated that several of the DC fast chargers slated to be installed in MN would be delayed until the spring of 2021 as a result. He was correct and many were delayed. Not sure if that lead time has dropped back to "normal" yet, but there might still be some slowdowns in getting transformers (which I don't think are built until ordered).

About a year ago I was talking to a fellow from one of the electric coops in MN. He said the lead time on transformers had gotten much worse because of Covid, and speculated that several of the DC fast chargers slated to be installed in MN would be delayed until the spring of 2021 as a result. He was correct and many were delayed. Not sure if that lead time has dropped back to "normal" yet, but there might still be some slowdowns in getting transformers (which I don't think are built until ordered).
uh oh, I smell pie

• Funny
Reactions: Thp3 and Big Earl
Two weeks and no changes, huh?
Good news! When I drove by yesterday, there had been no changes. But today there are! Transformer is installed as are the meter and fencing poles. Looks like power is still off since there’s no readings on the meter.

So that’s both Esky and Marquette that have transformers so now just waiting on SSM as far as I can tell.

8C09D102-8E6D-4CBE-892C-730ECB0488DE.jpeg

853C32C5-EBD5-465D-BB57-7703F21E7C60.jpeg

FB623213-CD0E-418B-B566-80C4607C44CB.jpeg

834D088A-6228-47A3-B1EB-0C7D2D1ED814.jpeg

Good news! When I drove by yesterday, there had been no changes. But today there are! Transformer is installed as are the meter and fencing poles. Looks like power is still off since there’s no readings on the meter.

So that’s both Esky and Marquette that have transformers so now just waiting on SSM as far as I can tell.

View attachment 674060

View attachment 674062

View attachment 674063

View attachment 674064
Well that was one of the major steps. If I had to guess, Tesla will wait till the Soo gets its transformer and meter before they send a tech up to activate all 3. In the interim, they need to build the enclosure here. Sometimes there is also a lamp post, parking space paint, or parking bumpers that need to be installed.