Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marquette, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Careful, others are saying that the Glendive Supercharger is dead. Supercharger in Glendive, Montana
Much appreciated. I stay with a friend I found in Miles City. Before the superchargers ever existed in this neck of the woods that lets me charge from their welding plug. Should be ok. I will check them.for everyone.

Reactions: Big Earl
Ignore the cost for the current session, that was from Mackinaw City. It currently doesn't seem to cost anything right now, which isn't surprising since it's not showing up on the map yet.

I didn't get the full 250kW, but that's probably because the battery didn't get conditioned, again, because it's not official yet and I couldn't navigate to the supercharger directly in the car's navigation.

Anyway, it works!

Cheers!

Ignore the cost for the current session, that was from Mackinaw City. It currently doesn't seem to cost anything right now, which isn't surprising since it's not showing up on the map yet.

I didn't get the full 250kW, but that's probably because the battery didn't get conditioned, again, because it's not official yet and I couldn't navigate to the supercharger directly in the car's navigation.

Anyway, it works!

Cheers!

The rate seems ok. At least for me, I only hit the 250 kW goodness in the low teens percent. It drops off pretty quickly.

It’s now showing up in the navigation! Yay!

Attachments

• 742469FD-194C-46F6-83F6-A98FB1461095.jpeg
    742469FD-194C-46F6-83F6-A98FB1461095.jpeg
    318.1 KB · Views: 186
So I did the drive from Duluth supercharger. 100D. Charged to 100% came in at 31% to the charger. Then continued on. Was on the 3rd of July. Hotter than hot. Traffic was slow holiday like. Which made for quite a drive past the charger along the coast and then back to Marquette, and set up a record for a 100D for a single drive 363.4 miles according to current stats on teslafi. I think this was the super optimal conditions. So maybe a baseline for winter.

Driving through many small towns varying speed limits. Nice to see families outside playing kickball together again. Having picnics.

Yes I did let others use supercharger while charging to 100 fyi. All part of a 40k 3 month jaunt back and forth across the US.

Attachments

• PXL_20210704_022627136.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210704_022627136.MP.jpg
    160.1 KB · Views: 113
  • PXL_20210704_000223223.MP.jpg
    PXL_20210704_000223223.MP.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 108
Last edited:
So I did the drive from Duluth supercharger. 100D. Charged to 100% came in at 31% to the charger. Then continued on. Was on the 3rd of July. Hotter than hot. Traffic was slow holiday like. Which made for quite a drive past the charger along the coast and then back to Marquette, and set up a record for a 100D for a single drive 363.4 miles according to current stats on teslafi. I think this was the super optimal conditions. So maybe a baseline for winter.

Driving through many small towns varying speed limits. Nice to see families outside playing kickball together again. Having picnics.

Yes I did let others use supercharger while charging to 100 fyi. All part of a 40k 3 month jaunt back and forth across the US.
Feel free to join in on the fun and post your supercharger visits to our thread:

Reactions: tesrella
Feel free to join in on the fun and post your supercharger visits to our thread:

I had to double-check the list because I thought he already was a part of the game/hunt. Join in the fun @outdoors :)

Reactions: PLUS EV
I'm planning a 10,000 km (6200 mile) Trans-American & Trans- Canadian trip in mid Sept. The UP was the only snag along the way. At this point at least Marquette will be up, bubetting Esky will too.
What's your max range? If over 290 you should easily make it from Mqt to Duluth without having to go south to Escanaba, which would be out of your way anyway and wouldn't put you any farther west.

I have a 2014 MS85 that, when new, had a max estimated range of 262, but which I could stretch to nearly 300 on roads by not pushing my speed over 60 or so, and at times driving more like 50-55. The UP however now has a speed limit of 65. Still, I think you can make it from Marquette to Duluth if you start with 300 miles or so of range and don't push your speed over 65 and if for sure you're traveling in Sept. I say this because when I lived back east and had a cottage in lower Michigan (I now live in Seattle), I used to drive to the UP from downstate Michigan BEFORE any superchargers existed north of Maumee, Ohio. I always made it, using a variety of stopover "tricks" along the way, and if you see your range running low, don't use AC and keep your windows closed and turn on your on-board energy algorithm to calculate remaining range. In a pinch use the Plugshare app to find a Level 2 charger and take a walk/get coffee. I made it to the Duluth SC with 5 miles to spare in Sept 2016 by driving conservatively and I started with a max range of 255. You will make it easily if you have 40-50 more and follow my instructions.