Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marquette, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is excellent news!

The director of sustainability at Meijer was a previous professor of mine. I sent him a nice message via LinkedIn and received the following response, which is promising:

Darin,
Of course, I remember you. Congrats on your move to real estate. No need to apply any pressure to get the Superchargers installed more quickly. Our UP locations (Escanaba, Marquette and Sault Ste Marie) are scheduled to open in Q2 2021. My next vehicle will definitely be an EV!
Thanks,
Erik

• Informative
Reactions: Bizquick
Darin,
Of course, I remember you. Congrats on your move to real estate. No need to apply any pressure to get the Superchargers installed more quickly. Our UP locations (Escanaba, Marquette and Sault Ste Marie) are scheduled to open in Q2 2021. My next vehicle will definitely be an EV!
Thanks,
Erik

Now Q3 2021 per Tesla’s Find Us page.

Actually, there is no discrepancy. Q2 implies "spring" - and spring in the UP starts in July (Q3 to the rest of us).

• Funny
Reactions: GZDongles
Check for Meijer updates.
For what’s it’s worth, I did a quick drive around the gas station and all around Meijer last weekend coming back from Houghton. Didn’t see anything where they broke ground. Looks like they could add in 4 stalls beside the underground storage area at gas station or by side of meijer by pharmacy near the back.
:/ Going to build a garage at a small house I bought up in Houghton this summer, plan on dropping in 48amp 240v Tesla charger as well, will throw it up in Plugshare for others hopefully by late summer.

For what’s it’s worth, I did a quick drive around the gas station and all around Meijer last weekend coming back from Houghton. Didn’t see anything where they broke ground. Looks like they could add in 4 stalls beside the underground storage area at gas station or by side of meijer by pharmacy near the back.
:/ Going to build a garage at a small house I bought up in Houghton this summer, plan on dropping in 48amp 240v Tesla charger as well, will throw it up in Plugshare for others hopefully by late summer.

Thanks for the update. I've been curious about that. I wonder how long after ground breaking they tend to be up and running?

In Beaver, Utah it only took 4 weeks from start to finish. They had prefabricated stalls with concrete slabs already attached. Once the stalls arrived they had them connected and running in about 3 days.

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 9.28.57 AM.jpg

Not sure if they will use the pre-fab in Michigan. I think the average is 60-90 days from when they start.

Reactions: UP Finn
That's very nice of you. I'll be making several trips to Houghton this fall and having another option will be handy.

Reactions: Big Earl