Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Marquette, MI

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've seen the pedestals boxed up and it isn't them. I'm not really sure what it is, but I'm guessing maybe cables/wires? How do we know it was shipped from Tesla?

I agree that Tesla equipment arriving on site would be good news. I've definitely seen digging get started and then construction held up by not having the equipment available.

As to an earlier question from up thread, this site should be operational some time between a month and a year from now :) There's been a ton of variance in how long these things take to be completed. There are many things that can cause long delays.

I've seen the pedestals boxed up and it isn't them. I'm not really sure what it is, but I'm guessing maybe cables/wires? How do we know it was shipped from Tesla?

I agree that Tesla equipment arriving on site would be good news. I've definitely seen digging get started and then construction held up by not having the equipment available.

As to an earlier question from up thread, this site should be operational some time between a month and a year from now :) There's been a ton of variance in how long these things take to be completed. There are many things that can cause long delays.
Alright, Tesla/contractor powers that be, DO YOUR STUFF. I wanna go to Marquette this summer!

Reactions: Calimenti
My friend happened to be in the area today, so I asked him to take a couple more pics for me.

This is a close-up of those packages, which all contain conduit
image000002.jpg

Loads of conduit on site:
image000001.jpg

And another closeup of those conduit already installed:
image000000.jpg

My wife was in the area again today and stopped by. There were actually workers there today! They said they have been down in Escanaba the past few days doing site prep.

The conduit that’s sitting at Marquette is actually for Escanaba (go figure). They are still waiting for all the other equipment from Tesla. Concrete should be poured soon (would have been done today but it’s the weekend). They’re hopeful equipment will arrive Monday so the installation can continue.

So, kind of a holding pattern but progress is still being made. Cool to hear Escanaba is beginning too!

Here’s some photos for the sake of photos, but not much to see since yesterday.

CADE5415-4975-4053-9253-6167DAB5823C.jpeg

78137A8B-DD02-41F1-AF19-91B954EB55BC.jpeg

My wife was in the area again today and stopped by.
LOVE the updates! Thank you for checking regularly! Maybe the workers/Tesla will notice how enthusiastic we are about this and shorten our wait 😂
There were actually workers there today! They said they have been down in Escanaba the past few days doing site prep.
Wow, sounds like things are moving pretty swiftly if they're working weekends to get this done. We need some more activity in the Escanaba thread to get people hyped up and go check out that one, too, but I'm more excited for Marquette personally heh
The conduit that’s sitting at Marquette is actually for Escanaba (go figure).
Whoops lol. Maybe planned, since they're working at both locations.
They are still waiting for all the other equipment from Tesla.
Can somebody provide insight as to what else needs to be delivered? Meter housing, cabinets, and pedestals is all I can think of...
Concrete should be poured soon (would have been done today but it’s the weekend). They’re hopeful equipment will arrive Monday so the installation can continue.
Assuming that's one of the three things I just mentioned, this appears to be moving pretty rapidly. They make these new pedestals in China, now, so perhaps the turnaround time for assembly is really low...?
So, kind of a holding pattern but progress is still being made. Cool to hear Escanaba is beginning too!

Here’s some photos for the sake of photos, but not much to see since yesterday.
Sweeeet. At least things are happening! Looking forward top more info after Monday! Hopefully we're not annoying the construction workers too much 😂 Somebody should make some Tesla-themed cookies & cocoa for those guys... 🤔

If I’m not mistaken, US Supercharger equipment is made in Buffalo, New York. Chinese and perhaps all Asian market Supercharger equipment is now made in China. Not sure about European equipment.
Well, what's weird is that the Swartz Creek V2 equipment had a bunch of Chineese pedestals on it... or maybe just the stickers on the inside of them were the wrong nationality 😂 the stickers that list stats, like watts, volts, etc

Sweeeet. At least things are happening! Looking forward top more info after Monday! Hopefully we're not annoying the construction workers too much 😂 Somebody should make some Tesla-themed cookies & cocoa for those guys... 🤔
My wife and I are trying not to bother them too much but they seem to love the visits. We know their names and they know ours which is kind of fun! It’s 2 main guys who are the leads on the project and they obviously enjoy their work.

I’m planning to do some kind of gesture to show our thanks. Maybe some pasties! I’m open to ideas and if anyone would feel like contributing a small amount.

My wife and I are trying not to bother them too much but they seem to love the visits. We know their names and they know ours which is kind of fun! It’s 2 main guys who are the leads on the project and they obviously enjoy their work.

I’m planning to do some kind of gesture to show our thanks. Maybe some pasties! I’m open to ideas and if anyone would feel like contributing a small amount.
Give me a venmo or a cashapp address to send "thanks" to :)

Give me a venmo or a cashapp address to send "thanks" to :)

I’ll contribute too
This is why I love the Tesla community! Give whatever you'd like. To ensure I don't violate forum rules, I'll send those interested DMs with my wife's Venmo info. I'll post in the Escanaba thread too and get something with a value according to the donations I receive and my own contribution.

My plan is to get this done this week before I lose track of the guys and report back when I give it to them.

Last edited:
And here's another update! Lots of changes today but no one was there to chat with about current progress. I'm wondering if they ran back down to Esky due to the apparent lack of equipment. I still don't see any hints of a transformer, cabinets, or pedestals arriving on site.

However, I think everything else is ready. This photo confirms that this an 8 stall supercharger. Concrete pads and sign posts are in. I thought there was a cabinet on the middle right but when I looked, alas it was a fridge. 😂

IMG_0425.jpeg

Looks like protective posts and concrete for the equipment was poured today.

IMG_0426.jpeg

IMG_0427.jpeg

I also took a picture of the hill behind the install and it looks like the electrical lines may already be placed. The digging is finished all the way down the hill and over to where I'm guessing a main electrical run is buried.

IMG_0428.jpeg

That's it for today. I'm hoping to run back over there tomorrow and give our thank-you gift to them if they're working. Thanks to all who donated!

Speed limit on US 2 is now 65. Was driving thru last week and no visual evidence of any new Tesla Superchargers in Esy
This is the Marquette supercharger thread. And according to both the workers here in Marquette and visual evidence from those in Esky, that supercharger has started as well as of this past weekend.

There’s more info in the Escanaba supercharger thread: Supercharger - Escanaba, MI

And here's another update! Lots of changes today but no one was there to chat with about current progress. I'm wondering if they ran back down to Esky due to the apparent lack of equipment. I still don't see any hints of a transformer, cabinets, or pedestals arriving on site.
If anything I think this rate of change means either "we just want to get our work done sooner than later" or "the equipment is coming and Tesla doesn't like it when cabinets/pedestals sit around unattached to anything"
However, I think everything else is ready. This photo confirms that this an 8 stall supercharger. Concrete pads and sign posts are in. I thought there was a cabinet on the middle right but when I looked, alas it was a fridge. 😂
8 stall V3 actually confirmed, 4 pedestals for each of the 2 cabinets
Looks like protective posts and concrete for the equipment was poured today.
The rate of install is astoundingly fast...
I also took a picture of the hill behind the install and it looks like the electrical lines may already be placed. The digging is finished all the way down the hill and over to where I'm guessing a main electrical run is buried.
These guys know their stuff, the rate of change is just phenomenal
That's it for today. I'm hoping to run back over there tomorrow and give our thank-you gift to them if they're working. Thanks to all who donated!
Ask them their best estimate for equipment and the final flip-of-the-switch when you do! Thanks for the updates!

Last edited:
I was able to give Todd and Josh our gift today. They were beyond surprised and appreciative! Thanks again for everybody's generosity!

Here’s what each of them received:
  • $10 gift card to Border Grill
  • $10 6-pack of various beers from UP breweries
  • $10 UP coasters
  • $5 Pint of Pure UP Maple Syrup
  • $5 of chocolates from Doncker’s
IMG_0432.jpeg

I also chatted with them about progress. Nothing really to show with a photo today, but the plan from Tesla is to have all 3 UP Superchargers commissioned by July 4. However, if they can get equipment soon, it seems hopeful that they'll be powered on much sooner.

Their goal is to have Marquette finished this week (assuming equipment arrives as its supposed to) then hop down and continue in Escanaba. Sounds like since they have started Escanaba, they'll finish that before heading over to the Soo.

Last edited: