Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mascouche, QC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

MorrisonHiker

Mar 8, 2015
Colorado
Thanks to @Matthy for details on this new Supercharger. Creating the thread to track its status.
88425ca7-07a6-4305-9e22-8df3f37bb6e7-jpeg.250750

OK I'm even MORE confused now. 16 superchargers in Mascouche? Are there a LOT of Tesla owners in Rawdon or something?

Indeed, a dealer in Rawdon (Bourgeois Chevrolet) started concentrating his business around selling EV and PHEV vehicles a couple of years ago. As a result, there's a hype for EVs in that region and a relatively large concentration of them. (The first Bolt in Canada was delivered there, IIRC.) Not sure how many Teslas, though. This is just an hypothesis, but as a result of this hype, the shopping mall in Mascouche may have participated financially to have the SC there (or otherwise offered good conditions). At least, that's what happened for the Magog SC. In that case, I know from someone who knows the owner of the location, that the guy had to put quite some of his own money to get the SC there.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
16 stalls, Mascouche? Having hard time sometimes to follow Tesla's rational o_O

Québec city 10 stalls when it will be one of the busiest SC (second after MTL Ferrier / St-Laurent SC) in the province and Mascouche with 16 stalls (+ just near the Carrefour Laval future SC at only 24 km appart)

That will be an OK place but will never be that busy for a 16 stalls SC place...

Just so weird...

Last edited:
I live like 5 minutes from there I and see Tesla at least 10 times per day, so I would say yes there is a high demand here. I find the location weird. It's an awful parking lot. I thought it was going to be at Charlemagne at the 40/640 intersection. I guess they changed their mind and went for 25/640 intersection.

I live like 5 minutes from there I and see Tesla at least 10 times per day, so I would say yes there is a high demand here. I find the location weird. It's an awful parking lot. I thought it was going to be at Charlemagne at the 40/640 intersection. I guess they changed their mind and went for 25/640 intersection.

Unless for the new «urban SuperChargers», current SuperChargers aren't intented for locals but for long trips only...

From Tesla's site:

«The Supercharger network is your answer to long distance travel. Superchargers enable travel to your favorite destinations and charge Model S and Model X in minutes.»

So, still no rational here for 16 stalls at Mascouche VS only 10 at Québec city (that should have been there 3 years ago already!)...

Reactions: mattobadia
The charger is well located if you are doing a trip up to places like Joliette or Rawdon, but even better for people coming back from Quebec, let's say, which live in places just north of Montreal