Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mashpee, MA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mociaf9

Oct 18, 2018
CA
I just found this thread and am happy to report that it looks like a Supercharger (looks like 10 nipples...) is being built in the South Mashpee Commons, on Cape Cod. I have been checking it intermittently, during the last few weeks, and seems sporadic work going on there.
Hope they complete it soon...
Good find! Have you spotted Tesla logos on any of the gear yet? Just making sure it is a SC and not an ElectrifyAmerica station.

Great find, @FURY! Mashpee's building department uses online permitting but you have to sign up to get access (I didn't bother). So, I couldn't find the building permit for this, but I did find something to definitively identify it as a Supercharger. The Town of Mashpee's Zoning Board of Appeals granted a Minor Modification to a Special Permit to allow the installation of 10 Supercharger stalls (PDF warning) at Mashpee Commons on 2018-04-25.

The approved modification consists of ten (10) Superchargers and two (2) Level Two J1772 charges [sic]
@BlueShift +1 cone, please.

Also in the same document is the note that they are to be installed in the lot to the east of the TD Bank (see attached picture, though I'm unsure of specific location in that lot).

Street Address: 38 Nathan Ellis Hwy, Mashpee, MA 02649
Google Maps Link to general parking lot location.

Attachments

• Mashpee supercharger lot area.jpg
    Mashpee supercharger lot area.jpg
    388 KB · Views: 250
Good info, thanks for doing the detective work. Mashpee doesn't show up as one of the cities for a future supercharger station but Falmouth (next town over) does. I wonder if this station will be in addition to one in Falmouth or if they are actually one in the same.

Find Us | Tesla

Hi All!

The concrete bases for the charging stalls are in place and it seems, perhaps due to rain delays (near record here) that the work going on there is very sporadic...The page link fencing is a bit sketchy as well. There are large plastic wrapped packing items behind the fencing-all this is located tucked back, to the right and North of the bank, in the large lot that is contiguous with the bank. Doesn't look to be a congested access to the stalls, if what looks like is going forward goes to completion...

Hope Falmouth is open son-seems I heardof the actual location, but a while back and haven't checked that out. I did call TSLA the other day and they said nothing more than was on the website, unaware of Mashie as well...

Thank you very much

FURY

• Informative
Reactions: Chuq and mociaf9
Just back from the Commons-#10 TESLA Supahchargers in place and each is shrouded in thin plastic-page fencing gone-looks very close to operational...

Thank you very much

FURY

Thank you for your scouting report! If you’re still in the area and have a chance, could you snap a photo or two and post them? Always nice to see what the site looks like.

Just back from the Commons-#10 TESLA Supahchargers in place and each is shrouded in thin plastic-page fencing gone-looks very close to operational...

Thank you very much

FURY
Thank you for your scouting report! If you’re still in the area and have a chance, could you snap a photo or two and post them? Always nice to see what the site looks like.

Yeah. If you do be sure to also take pics of the hardware cabinets area, not just the charging posts.

Since nobody posted pictures, I went to Mashpee Commons today and took these pictures.

upload_2018-12-8_19-43-47.png

upload_2018-12-8_19-44-14.png

I also noticed the location on supercharge.info is a bit off. The correct location is here.

@BlueShift

While there, I tested the existing Tesla HPWCs:
  • Amphetathde: 1 was used, the other was broken (red light).
  • TD Bank (near the supercharger site): managed to charge (48A, 208V).

great news!!!!

All TEN SUPERCHARS have "TESLA" Brightly lit AND I tried two of them, with apparently expected success.

I arrived there, after about 12 miles driving distance, with ambient temp 25 degrees F and 52% charge on my TESLA P85D loaner. Started charging at 18KW and went to 20 over ten minutes. Switched to another SC, 2 over from the first and over 20 minutes got to 40kw-the 90 target stayed at 40 minutes on each SC and never varied. This is the 1st time I used a SC anywhere near that ambient temp. BTW, no other TESLAS there when I was charging.

Thank you very much

FURY

great news!!!!

All TEN SUPERCHARS have "TESLA" Brightly lit AND I tried two of them, with apparently expected success.

I arrived there, after about 12 miles driving distance, with ambient temp 25 degrees F and 52% charge on my TESLA P85D loaner. Started charging at 18KW and went to 20 over ten minutes. Switched to another SC, 2 over from the first and over 20 minutes got to 40kw-the 90 target stayed at 40 minutes on each SC and never varied. This is the 1st time I used a SC anywhere near that ambient temp. BTW, no other TESLAS there when I was charging.

Thank you very much

FURY
@BlueShift

This location is still not showing up on the supercharger map on Tesla.com but that will probably change soon.

So, any volunteers who can tell someone in the TESLA hierarchy, who can...rectify the omission? I have told the service center in Dedham several times, without apparent change in the TESLA map. Maybe the increase in sales that the SC can bring would further overwhelm Dedham SC. OTOH, maybe I'll have to cruise arund looking of a surprise/unlisted SC...

Thank you very much

FURY

So, any volunteers who can tell someone in the TESLA hierarchy, who can...rectify the omission? I have told the service center in Dedham several times, without apparent change in the TESLA map. Maybe the increase in sales that the SC can bring would further overwhelm Dedham SC. OTOH, maybe I'll have to cruise arund looking of a surprise/unlisted SC...

Thank you very much

FURY
You don't need to do anything or tell anyone within Tesla. Tesla's map always takes at least a day or two to be updated once a site has been commissioned, tested, and goes fully live. It's not an oversight or omission, just the rate at which these things happen.