TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Supercharger - Maumee, OH

Discussion in 'Midwest/Great Lakes' started by airj1012, Dec 24, 2013.

1. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Another supercharger is now under construction and this thread is dedicated to the periodically updates and pictures. The location is supposed to be in a strip mall very close to Meijer. The address is 1333 Conant Street, Maumee, OH 43537.

Google Maps - http://goo.gl/TGhF70
    Tesla Wiki Supercharger Map - http://www.teslawiki.net/supercharger/ (needs to be updated with new location)

The location was discovered by
    Wattson. Thanks!

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

Untitled.png

2. Kraken

Kraken Member

#2 Kraken, Dec 28, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2013
    I felt there were too many unanswered questions about this location, so I decided to go check it out.
    (like what is the green building that used be donatos)
    IMAG0274.jpg IMAG0284.jpg IMAG0283.jpg IMAG0274.jpg

So, there are four places to eat right here. Deets, tropical smoothie cafe (myfavorite), steak escape, and chipotle. Across the street is a five guys and a taco bell. The meijers is in the same parking lot. It's not far from a couple if freeways, but it's further than any other location I've seen. It's not far from the airport either.

It looks like 3 super chargers (the packaging on the actual super chargers are labeled 1 of 3, 2 of 3, and 3 of 3) so six spots. Nothing had changed much since the last photos. There is a ditch dug for where the plug in equipment will be, and the initial conduit is in place in the pad where the super chargers will be.

Everything else, I will have to confer with Michiganmodels before I discuss or post pictures, but that's all fluff anyway (companies and packaging labels)

Does this count as having visited a super charger location? If so, I'm at 8.

Edit: There is supposed to be pictures I'm this post, but they aren't coming up... My android device hate this forums.
    Re-edit... Now the pictures are showing up... Let me know if anyone is having trouble viewing them.

3. 772

772 Member

Thanks for making the trip all the way out from CA to give us this update :tongue:; I agree that it's further from the highways than many locations, but I think it's still a very good spot. It's about 0.5 mi from I-80/90 (which is the primary east-west highway), and about 1.5 miles from I-475/US-23 which goes up to Ann Arbor and other points north. It seems like a pretty good compromise spot to serve multiple routes.

4. Kraken

Kraken Member

#4 Kraken, Jan 2, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2014
    image.jpg

image.jpg
    Went past it again today on my way back to Toledo airport. They have put up pillars to block off the supercharger area, 6 station backbones, and added a lot of snow to make it feel more homely.p

and a photo from last time i was there...

Attached Files:

5. bonaire

bonaire Active Member

Where will the solar panels go? :)

Nice view of what a build-out looks like. Lot of boxes and work ahead for the guys. I would be wondered how the service is pulled from the high voltage transmission lines and if they add another transformer just for the line going over to the SC. Great food choices there. Watch your calories... :)

6. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

For some reason the location was removed from PlugShare, so I re-added it. If anyone wants to edit or add pictures, feel free!

7. GSP

GSP Member

Shouldn't the superchargers be operational before adding them to PlugShare?

GSP

8. purplewalt

purplewalt Active Member

Currently there are two SpC stations that have Tesla provided Solar panels.
    More will probably not be going to be installed until significant coverage of SpC is implemented.
    THEN, as part of Phase Two, Solar Panels get installed to make the SpC station grid neutral.

Phase Three would have battery back-up to make SpC Stations grid Independent.

9. Rifleman

Rifleman Now owns 2 Model S's!!!

As long as the description clearly states that it is a work in progress, and is not open yet, I dont see a problem with adding them now.

10. 772

772 Member

I met a Tesla employee testing the SC in Macedonia who mentioned Maumee, OH is supposed to be energized on Monday. I might be able to head out that way on Monday, but I won't have a MS to charge. Just a heads up to any owners in the area to check the Nav on Monday to see if the SC is online.

11. mcfadyena

mcfadyena Member

Any update when you can would be great. I'm driving Toronto-Chicago on Thursday or Friday, and this Supercharger would make it a 1 day trip vs. 2.

12. mep

mep Member

Same here, and I will only travel from Chicago to the Detroit Motor Show next weekend with this SC in place.

13. mnx

mnx 2013 P85

It's on the Supercharger page now.. Good timing for you guys!

14. mcfadyena

mcfadyena Member

Sweet! Thanks for the update!

15. mep

mep Member

#15 mep, Jan 13, 2014
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2014
    Sweet indeed! Both Madison and Maumee came online. Now let's just hope the Model X will actually be shown at the show.

So far no Model X at the show:confused:.
    Let's hope for tomorrow's press conference...

16. Sknz

Sknz Member

I see it on the map but it is not shown below the map in the "currently open" listings. Has anyone here actually grabbed a charge there yet?

17. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Its on the now open list, its just really hard to find. I do not understand how that list is organized between the 4 columns. Just search for Maumee and you'll find it. Its within the most right column under Rocky Mount, NC.

18. Sgt Barone

Sgt Barone Member

It's in alphabetical order by state. Eastern half of the country on the right, west on the left.

19. airj1012

airj1012 Active Member

Wow! Somehow I never put that together. They're going to need a new format together though. Once there are a lot more superchargers in the middle of the country it will be hard to quickly identify if it should on be on the left or right.

20. Cottonwood

Cottonwood Roadster#433, Model S#S37

Its a funny division that has grown from the history of rollouts; South Dakota is in the West and Texas is in the East...I would have used the Mississippi River; most people can relate to that. :confused: