Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McAllen, Texas

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_0843.JPG
IMG_0844.JPG
IMG_0845.JPG
All, I am in McAllen for the weekend and dropped by the Embassy Suites at the McAllen Civic Center. The Tesla Superchargers are installed but per one of the hotel managers not inspected or activated yet. She expects it will be before the end of July. There are 8 (8!) Supercharger stalls. Also, right by the hotel entrance there are Tesla destination chargers already available and working. Very exciting news for McAllen.

View attachment 231784 View attachment 231785 View attachment 231786 All, I am in McAllen for the weekend and dropped by the Embassy Suites at the McAllen Civic Center. The Tesla Superchargers are installed but per one of the hotel managers not inspected or activated yet. She expects it will be before the end of July. There are 8 (8!) Supercharger stalls. Also, right by the hotel entrance there are Tesla destination chargers already available and working. Very exciting news for McAllen.

Thanks for the update!!!! Do you own a Tesla? If so, how is the drive to The Valley and your Super Charging experience?

Thanks for the update!!!! Do you own a Tesla? If so, how is the drive to The Valley and your Super Charging experience?
After the SC in 3 rivers range to McAllen is no longer an issue.
I make the trip to San Antonio and Austin with out issue at 75-85mph and have plenty left.
With the available HPchargers at the hotel and Dunkin Donuts in McAllen one need not worry. Now with the SC, it is a great adition.

After the SC in 3 rivers range to McAllen is no longer an issue.
I make the trip to San Antonio and Austin with out issue at 75-85mph and have plenty left.
With the available HPchargers at the hotel and Dunkin Donuts in McAllen one need not worry. Now with the SC, it is a great adition.

Thanks for sharing! What model and battery pack do you own and what does the total charge time look like (as of today) when driving to/from Austin? I’m planning on purchasing a Model S 75D within the next year and am interested in seeing what the charge time looks like. My gf and I make the trip to The Valley from Austin about once a month and usually stop and eat at the Three Rivers Loves (with the super chargers). It’s funny, every time we stop there I find myself smiling when looking at the super chargers because pretty soon I’ll be hooking up to them. I can’t wait!

Reactions: benjiejr
Thanks for sharing! What model and battery pack do you own and what does the total charge time look like (as of today) when driving to/from Austin?

I have a 85D with 19in wheels. Assuming a trip driving at 75MPH I would guess if you leave Austin with a full charge you will need 40 min to 1 hour in 3 Rivers on a 75D. The first 50 miles from 3R to McAllen will use a bit more as it has a few hills. You may need to slow down a bit to be on the safe side, perhaps you should consider the 85D or a 90D, it will make a big diff on the range and speed you can drive.

Reactions: dpmex4527
Maybe they were distracted by the Supercharger pedestals and swerved late to avoid someone who'd stopped to look at the Supercharger pedestals.

Or could have been joyriders who thought it would be funny to steal a Camaro and crash it into a Tesla Supercharger.

Based on the way the driver's door on the Camaro is caved in, it looks to me like there was another vehicle involved that T-boned the Camaro and shoved it into the Supercharger pedestals.

Speaking as a former Mustang owner, I generally don't mind blaming Camaro owners for stuff ;) but in this case someone else might have actually been at fault.

However it happened, they managed to wipe out two pedestals! This takes "ICE'ing" to a whole new level!
Made good use of the L2 destination charge station here in April. Having Supercharge service will be a plus, once it is commissioned for service.

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4
That's pretty bad ICEing. I noticed the Ardmore SC has a similar design in a similarly busy parking lot. Someone has put cones out at the corners of each SC space, and fortunately for me no ICEing was going on. Thank you whomever that was.

Looks like McAllen will need a supply of cones (at least).

Reactions: dpmex4527