Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McComb, MS

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

MarcoRP

A new Supercharger is coming soon at Southwest Mall in McComb MS! Found this thanks to a Tweet from Stirling Properties in July, which announced that both McComb and Hattiesburg would be getting Superchargers. There are already photos of construction in Hattiesburg but none here yet so I’ll just put a blue pin for now. Enjoy!
07072F5D-C07E-4206-9542-85A0353172EE.jpeg

McComb, MS

Along Primary Interstates: I-55
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-51, US-98
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

I-55

To: Pearl, MS - 79.4 miles
Diversion: 1.4 miles
To: Grenada, MS - 189.7 miles

Splits a large gap at the south end of I-55.
McComb, MS plus something to the West of Memphis would "complete" I-55.

This is fantastic news! I live in Central MS and this should pretty much round out the state for me. I travel the state for work and getting to the southern part of the state a few times a year for quick day trips has proven nearly impossible. Happy these are finally breaking ground.

And props to Tesla, on the "coming soon" map they had this one slated for Brookhaven and not McComb. In the past few 2-3 years the crime in Brookhaven has gotten really bad. I can't think of anywhere in Brookhaven I'd want to sit in a parked car for 30 minutes after dark.

• Informative
Reactions: MarcoRP
Here are a few photos from last night (had my parents do a drive by since this is on a regular route for us to/from family also!). Looks like all that is remaining is installing the actual charging pedestals and wire up. And there's a large pad remaining, I assume for a pad mounted transfer from the utility.

From the angle of the photos I can count 7 conduit stubs adjacent to 7 angled parking spots. So I assume 7 stalls?

There's also an 8th conduit stubbed up to the right of the inverter island. Perhaps the 8th stall will be there?

Attachments

• IMG_5862.JPEG
    IMG_5862.JPEG
    512.7 KB · Views: 143
  • IMG_5861.JPEG
    IMG_5861.JPEG
    643.4 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5863.JPEG
    IMG_5863.JPEG
    600 KB · Views: 143
From the angle of the photos I can count 7 conduit stubs adjacent to 7 angled parking spots. So I assume 7 stalls?

There's also an 8th conduit stubbed up to the right of the inverter island. Perhaps the 8th stall will be there?
It is 8 stalls, each of those v2 Supercharger cabinets shares 2 charging stalls (pedestals) and Tesla tends to put one stall as a pull in, and the rest as back-in.