Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - McHenry, MD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
McHenry, MD

Host Type: Mall
Host: The Shops at The Fort
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-219
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-219

To: Somerset, PA (v2) - 51.8 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Falls Creek, PA (v2) - 153.7 miles

Will make some US-219 travel easier.
Surely if they do this, they'll want to add somewhere like Elkins, WV.

Utility markings in the grass on the backside of Black Bear Tavern.
Coincides with dig ticket from a couple weeks ago.
1679869796420.png

McHenry, MD

Host Type: Mall
Host: The Shops at The Fort
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-219
Along Auxiliary Interstates: None

US-219

To: Somerset, PA (v2) - 51.8 miles
Diversion: 1.9 miles
To: Falls Creek, PA (v2) - 153.7 miles

Will make some US-219 travel easier.
Surely if they do this, they'll want to add somewhere like Elkins, WV.
Also
US-219

Lewisburg, WV opened very recently, but was identified after McHenry, MD. It's not too far from the start of US-219.

Surely they have to be looking to fill the gap with Elkins, WV, which has 4 US Numbered Highways. There's a Sheetz in the retail area on the south side of Elkins. That would be on US-219 and US-250, more loosely on US-33, and even more loosely on US-48.
There's also a Kroger with a gas station at the southern intersection of US-219/US-250 and US-33 which would be closer to US-48 as well.

Also
US-219

Lewisburg, WV opened very recently, but was identified after McHenry, MD. It's not too far from the start of US-219.

Surely they have to be looking to fill the gap with Elkins, WV, which has 4 US Numbered Highways. There's a Sheetz in the retail area on the south side of Elkins. That would be on US-219 and US-250, more loosely on US-33, and even more loosely on US-48.
There's also a Kroger with a gas station at the southern intersection of US-219/US-250 and US-33 which would be closer to US-48 as well.
Looking far into the future as a Mountain State resident, I'd love to see Superchargers installed near Elkins and Moorefield to provide total coverage through the center part of the State on our beautiful "Corridor H" (Rt. 48). Corridor H, which has been under development/construction for decades, spans essentially from I-81 at Strasburg, VA west into WV through Moorefield, Davis (Canaan Valley), Parsons, Elkins, Buckhannon, and terminates at the I-79 interchange at Weston (so SC's are currently operational at either end of Corridor H).

4-lane segments are currently complete from Wardensville to Davis (eastern section) and from Kerens to Weston (western section). The topography from Davis to Kerens means that still-to-be-completed section of road will probably be one of the most time-consuming and costly in the history of road-construction LOL! Once completed though, it's expected to open-up a previously "remote" swath of the State to economic development.

The completed eastern section of Corridor H has already made the trip to the popular Canaan Valley ski/recreation area much faster for vacationers from the DC/Northern VA metro region. Hitting a potential Supercharger at the expansive Sheetz in Moorefield would make Canaan Valley as well as the Seneca Rocks/Spruce Knob travel destinations MUCH easier for Tesla drivers traveling west from I-66 and I-81.

This new Supercharger in McHenry, MD will make traveling down Rt. 219, past Deep Creek and Oakland, to the Canaan Valley area much easier for Tesla drivers coming from the north off I-68.

Looking far into the future as a Mountain State resident, I'd love to see Superchargers installed near Elkins and Moorefield to provide total coverage through the center part of the State on our beautiful "Corridor H" (Rt. 48). Corridor H, which has been under development/construction for decades, spans essentially from I-81 at Strasburg, VA west into WV through Moorefield, Davis (Canaan Valley), Parsons, Elkins, Buckhannon, and terminates at the I-79 interchange at Weston (so SC's are currently operational at either end of Corridor H).

4-lane segments are currently complete from Wardensville to Davis (eastern section) and from Kerens to Weston (western section). The topography from Davis to Kerens means that still-to-be-completed section of road will probably be one of the most time-consuming and costly in the history of road-construction LOL! Once completed though, it's expected to open-up a previously "remote" swath of the State to economic development.

The completed eastern section of Corridor H has already made the trip to the popular Canaan Valley ski/recreation area much faster for vacationers from the DC/Northern VA metro region. Hitting a potential Supercharger at the expansive Sheetz in Moorefield would make Canaan Valley as well as the Seneca Rocks/Spruce Knob travel destinations MUCH easier for Tesla drivers traveling west from I-66 and I-81.

This new Supercharger in McHenry, MD will make traveling down Rt. 219, past Deep Creek and Oakland, to the Canaan Valley area much easier for Tesla drivers coming from the north off I-68.

Mooresfield, WV would be another good one. It's a twofer, on US-48 and US-220.

Reactions: M3Mountaineer
Deep Creek, you win!

Was camping in the area this past week, and Deep Creek (and specifically the shops and restaurants at The Fort) were the beneficiary of having a place to go get an occasional charge. Definitely drew us into that area more often than would have otherwise been the case (although Deep Creek seems to be the more popular destination anyway).

I have regularly travelled here for many moons now and I’m excited that I can charge up at a SC.

Just last year I saw a M3 staying at the same location as me & I scratched my head as to where it would charge. At that time last year there were only destination chargers & one other place to charge, can’t recall if it was a EA

This along with another annual road trip I take are pretty much covered through SC which makes owning a Tesla even that much sweeter.