Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mebane, NC

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SigNC

Aug 23, 2017
NC
Per facebook looks like one is going in at Sheetz at 1237 Mebane Oaks Rd, Mebane, NC 27302
Google Maps

Seems already under construction.

Attachments

• Facebook.png
    Facebook.png
    693.1 KB · Views: 285
(I was hoping for a Boone NC station would be "next")

Unfortunately it does not appear that Boone has a Sheetz, otherwise I would suggest reaching out to Sheetz and suggesting it. They do seem to be going all-in on EV charging.

No Wawa either. What kind of gas stations DOES Boone have? Looks like CircleK. Might want to start a campaign to get CircleK on board so they don't get left behind by their convenience store competition.

upload_2020-11-18_8-23-43.png

https://twitter.com/LancePickup/status/1329052302964101120?s=20

• Love
Reactions: BrownOuttaSpec
Ha! Ya beat me to it! Just saw that post on the local group page as well. Thanks @SigNC Seems like the I-85 Corridor is getting quiet a bit of love with this one and the Lexington, NC one coming online next month.

(I was hoping for a Boone NC station would be "next")

Helpful for I-40. It reduces a gap (Burlington, NC to Wallace, NC) to under 150 miles, potentially avoiding a large diversion in the Raleigh-Durham area.

Helpful for I-40. It reduces a gap (Burlington, NC to Wallace, NC) to under 150 miles, potentially avoiding a large diversion in the Raleigh-Durham area.

Correct. Even though it may not look like the best siting, the Burlington, NC Supercharger is pre-V2, so definitely on the slow side for newer vehicles, the Cary Supercharger requires a diversion onto a toll road, and the North Hills (Raleigh) diversion is significant. So this will be a great addition to both the I-40 and I-85 corridors (even though the I-85 corridor gap is only currently about 72 miles). Burlington is also located in an shopping center, so after-hours amenities are not ideal.