Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Mechanicsville, VA

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like they are installing a supercharger at the Wawa at 7847 Compass Point Ln, Mechanicsville, VA 23111
556285EF-830D-4F9E-A2FA-BD779689F940.jpeg

2052DAED-5503-41FC-828D-7809D3983882.jpeg

Another strange choice for a Supercharger location when there are still none on the more heavily trafficked western edge of the city.
(1) A Supercharger at a Wawa is never a strange choice.
(2) Supercharge.info/Mapbox routes I-95 drivers around the east along I-295.

VA-288 best candidates would appear to be Targets at Westchester Commons (US-60) or the Commonwealth Centre malls (US-360).

Also quite good for the area would be the Target at the Brookhollow Center mall, on US-250 off I-64.
Based on the address that would be another Glen Allen, VA location, however much I'd prefer for it to be called Short Pump.

Last edited:
(1) A Supercharger at a Wawa is never a strange choice.
(2) Supercharge.info/Mapbox routes I-95 drivers around the east along I-295.

VA-288 best candidates would appear to be Targets at Westchester Commons (US-60) or the Commonwealth Centre malls (US-360).

Also quite good for the area would be the Target at the Brookhollow Center mall, on US-250 off I-64.
Based on the address that would be another Glen Allen, VA location, however much I'd prefer for it to be called Short Pump.
Westchester is an ideal exit/area to build one along 288. Plenty of space and is a pretty new development.

Hull Street (360) is an older, overcrowded/overdeveloped exit with a not very good on/off ramp system and gets a ton of traffic.

If you are trying to service the I-64 corridor instead of the 288 corridor then yes, the Short Pump area would be a better option.

• Informative
Reactions: ItsNotAboutTheMoney
Mechanicsville, VA

Host Type: Gas Station
Host: Wawa
Along Primary Interstates: None
Along US Numbered Highways (<=5mi): US-360
Along Auxiliary Interstates: I-295

US-360

To: Tappahannock, VA - 34.7 miles
Diversion: 0.1 miles
To: End (VA-644 Reedville, VA) - 75.7 miles

Richmond area, along I-295, which Mapbox routes both I-95 and I-64 along, so this location could serve travelers on both those interstates, although it's not the smallest diversion off those routes.
Also on US-360.

Had to stop at Glen Allen a couple days ago. Really slow. Even with 20% battery, preconditioning, few cars and warm temps, never went about 55kw. Be nice to have V3 options at Mechanicsville and Ashland soon (hopefully).
Did you try a different stall? Could have just been a bad charger cabinet. I've had good luck at Glen Allen, but sometimes you just get a bad charger.

Reactions: Big Earl
Had to stop at Glen Allen a couple days ago. Really slow. Even with 20% battery, preconditioning, few cars and warm temps, never went about 55kw. Be nice to have V3 options at Mechanicsville and Ashland soon (hopefully).
V2s share power with their peer stall so if someone else was charging next to you, you were probably only getting what was leftover. The chargers are numbered 1a, 1b, 2a, 2b, etc. If someone is using 2a, don't use 2b. One of the biggest benefits of V3s is that they do not share power between the chargers. Each car will get the maximum power its battery will allow on V3s.