Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medicine Hat, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went to your Google pic, clicked on it, right clicked & selected copy. Then pasted it to the message. Might work for you next time.
It might need 15 posts before you can attach a picture :rolleyes: Glad I could help.

Well, I have actually successfully posted pics before, but I've also gotten this "security" error a few times in the past as well. Once it only occurred on 2 out of 4 of the pics I was trying to upload. Super weird. Also, it (so far) has only ever occurred when I'm using my phone to post. So right now I'm using my PC ;)

Anyhoo, after we were done our coffees, my wife noticed that the fence guys were just packing up, so I fired up my WiFi hotspot on my phone and tried out the new Theatre mode which I just installed today. It works pretty well, but I did notice that I could only play YouTube videos smoothly if I switched to non-HD video. I haven't yet tried it using our home WiFi, but I suspect it would work better. Playing around with these settings was the perfect way to wait for the fence guys to pack up and drive away, after which I snapped a few more quick pics. I didn't have time to take a video this time, though - not that there was much to shoot, really.

So without further ado, here we are. Note that the PVC conduit has been extended in each parking spot to roughly 3 metres in height, and each parking post appears to have some sort of conduit extension. Looking at those, I probably should have walked up for a closer inspection, but I didn't notice them until I looked at the pics just now. As far as I can tell, there are no Tesla branded indicators anywhere yet. If someone else happens to be swinging by in the next bit, maybe make a closer inspection of each item and snap a close-up pic of anything interesting. If I make it back to that end of town over the next couple of weeks, I'll be sure to do just that (unless someone beats me to it).
PANO_20191002_170648.jpg
IMG_20191002_170620.jpg
PANO_20191002_170615.jpg

This just means that they have run the cables from the the switching cabinets to the 6 charger locations. So the long conduits are put over the existing ones to accommodate that. They have done this to prevent rainwater going in. I have posted close up pictures from Regina site. I have actually spoken to the electrician to confirm this. This is a good sign. We have reliable information that someone from Tesla was visiting all the locations that are at this stage to verify the installation. Hopefully charger units will get installed and everything turned up before the year end!

I'd guess they'll be trying to have these ready for the next announcement event. Aren't Tesla supposed to be unveiling the truck in November? Seems it would be a good time to also announce completion of the Trans Canada Highway and the first large scale roll out of Version 3 Superchargers. Are there any more shareholder or other type events coming up?

Reactions: irelandm
I'd guess they'll be trying to have these ready for the next announcement event. Aren't Tesla supposed to be unveiling the truck in November? Seems it would be a good time to also announce completion of the Trans Canada Highway and the first large scale roll out of Version 3 Superchargers. Are there any more shareholder or other type events coming up?
No. They are trying to get them ready for me to make a Christmas trip this year. Driving into the "The Void" this summer, getting by with nothing but L2 after heading North from South Dakota, was all well and good, but not something I'd attempt in the winter. :)

So I added an entry in PlugShare for this supercharger - looks like the admins snagged it and changed some details, LOL. My guess is they're trying to keep the whole supercharger V3 rollout a secret for some reason. Here's a link: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

What I find funny is that when I was adding it, I was never given the option to flag it as "high power" (orange pin), but it is now. I also find it mildly amusing that they changed the "Tesla" plug that I specified to a "Wall Plug".

I guess maybe I was breaking some rules posting the location of an upcoming Tesla Supercharger. Oops. o_O:D

There's a small chance I might find myself on that end of town over the weekend. If I do, I'll report any progress.

So I added an entry in PlugShare for this supercharger - looks like the admins snagged it and changed some details, LOL. My guess is they're trying to keep the whole supercharger V3 rollout a secret for some reason. Here's a link: PlugShare - Find Electric Vehicle Charging Locations Near You

What I find funny is that when I was adding it, I was never given the option to flag it as "high power" (orange pin), but it is now. I also find it mildly amusing that they changed the "Tesla" plug that I specified to a "Wall Plug".

I guess maybe I was breaking some rules posting the location of an upcoming Tesla Supercharger. Oops. o_O:D

There's a small chance I might find myself on that end of town over the weekend. If I do, I'll report any progress.
What you are doing is really not helpful. You are providing incorrect information for a phantom charger that does not yet exist, and is incorrectly described. This is not helpful to a true PlugShare user.

What you are doing is really not helpful. You are providing incorrect information for a phantom charger that does not yet exist, and is incorrectly described. This is not helpful to a true PlugShare user.

Nope, that's not true. The PlugShare map includes an "under construction" option, which is absolutely true, and is useful for people who want to bookmark a charger to know when it becomes live (I've bookmarked many under-construction chargers that were added by other people). It's extremely helpful. I've been an avid PlugShare user for over a year now.

Also, I take exception to "incorrectly described." This is also not true. I had marked it as a Tesla charger. The *developers* are responsible for any of the current inaccuracies.

Nope, that's not true. The PlugShare map includes an "under construction" option, which is absolutely true, and is useful for people who want to bookmark a charger to know when it becomes live (I've bookmarked many under-construction chargers that were added by other people). It's extremely helpful. I've been an avid PlugShare user for over a year now.

Also, I take exception to "incorrectly described." This is also not true. I had marked it as a Tesla charger. The *developers* are responsible for any of the current inaccuracies.
If you attempt to make it a Tesla Supercharger - the website tells you "please do not enter superchargers. We administrate that on this end". That's not an inaccuracy. You put in a destination charger where a supercharger is going.

If you attempt to make it a Tesla Supercharger - the website tells you "please do not enter superchargers. We administrate that on this end". That's not an inaccuracy. You put in a destination charger where a supercharger is going.

As I said on the other thread, there was absolutely no reference. I'm not saying I disagree with the sentiment or intention. In any case, the marker is there, hidden, and the devs/admins have it under control now.