Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medicine Hat, AB

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hs3tsqh-2_v7UljpYPbDxImBjbaNSo4UTtSv2MjUNGkuNY4XoEwK4FETCbXw4C7JoRHho4FjX8UL8EturtGkNeDZp_XiQ4AaJU-OYjgsjvK63LSB9RNQgPxiMDqvLAG1y0K-x6qGhFWmWa5_XnJzMeJdcxjNQUDcZNWRbR_mHjK63wUqN5LaiiMowFLd3cV0eKXu5Npou4qEb-K3MjJrKmSLpr9CgP1_CKK1UfVO-woBkZ2JTpxskd6lX_6bHxkk5EKxZLGmfC-Wx-bM63pxvDyc-t2XFKRGc22Q5JP0Bm9OXB8H2TQjIl14pvdBzTxrOZwkJljTw98NhLHtD6Rpo1OU6-kd-bIfxsx4SKz9zfPMfxRoJuLB5gtQzEb_dLTZmEoctt7GgKVbwfUjI0uVFfDfI3zBDrRKpT2IHxgwl8Rt61uasxoLVBSIckZxuYIwzcl4hCKzsZwSpBbTwdWSY4gTtlg5KDH1ch3LlcySb3UUNvV0QNuchfjzBeA2SE7Di482x67O9KQ6mFhWAGP49M1cXfNlX1rIDtw3yQQNA83kUvttxsNm8JLU2eRluoyOBh7WOUEum-VOGde7nbx2mxhjLuoAkoG2Dk0iXe9-AfXsA-t3ys5xPC34Wx-cakv5yXnBi85aOO0HfpBHi2gpX_gksQ49jNhVYX3ySMXmXftoUffXvqy-iUwW5bnc7fcqRNTW-MIS-5gqgNZnqqcD69MS8v4ji7g9rfj8P8Fjd2Ob5fAGrQ=w916-h515-no

LOKBAhyjmR6XKrMu0IMTgiMQb_NILOjHfWDQ0p2lCFtb-KJZk_vV1xsrHiAriguIUxwB1L069rHNMh3cwYre1DJkFN10xFK9MUbC_QAGdOFgfia-Ja54wgYMoF5yWZIRXi7Bwdrr0MJ1RWiPjneUQhI40sQ6_HQ09GJWpGJv8m1zFe4WcxUHkvEoTwNQzWxVbUKuskof_xzUhAHMkEM99IYzNRgQCKhVDYGBOLd-4SRPzfNwQGWF4hu35EPUP9zcc-0TjDESifFRtrZ__1qnzdeg46rH28ThAnKrSXGugwnT3bSaFSueURUoELqxGoBIDUex_IEYhJQlRUvnVSGPK_zO8w8rFvlu__JYT_6hrzvcjjipWkAECOL6noxjQSn3pp3PK0StzEId8nxf86gCAfdnJwFrutO9STEMExCqVeqCWd5oMzE90G4p5UL7rlwY1P8Uo_joC20UOhBDoDqXrvMzN09BPQ5joKlc2xD9V2V8zbgHX6UJFg8WpyLLPjCHlFJb3PeSft_nypXngGvftd7XogRCJImSCvhoXr0YvH4HEzxFRIRtGQEA4AxmMoSee4Py6ZJ2ysEwYRJq7SL6s9XnnAuqOH5dE4VBxYNqNdpV3UPptQlweH_Bk0p6GU1FBERKjwpOQFpYxqNK2QISwWrNGrKs16t7HhnMxmoKzHonzzLlR255-PnunP4AzrfEqr_1iciUKk2Kvcqoz5Z6G1_VZHz8U4MafOD2T9ZuQR5lb4Plig=w916-h515-no

Photos from Google ^^^^^

The stall layout here looks very wonky. But it's sort of hard to tell from the pictures uploaded so far. The normal layout for these TCH stations is there to be 2 V3 cabinets which are capable of serving 8 stalls. But only 6 are being connected up currently, with 2 additional conduits being run as spares to support a future expansion to the full 8. Here, it looks like they've run the "spares" to spaces in the middle of the station, instead of at the ends. So, where I would expect there to be a pull forward stall, there's no conduit sticking up.

Next time anyone goes by, can you get good pics that show the location of all the bases for the charging posts? TIA.
[pics]
Photos from Google ^^^^^
Well, that second picture confirms it. This supercharger is now the official holder of the Dumbest Supercharger Site Design Award. No pull forward stall and 2 regular parking spaces right in the middle of the superchargers until the site gets expanded to 8 stalls.

Well, that second picture confirms it. This supercharger is now the official holder of the Dumbest Supercharger Site Design Award. No pull forward stall and 2 regular parking spaces right in the middle of the superchargers until the site gets expanded to 8 stalls.

I've been waiting for this one for a long time so I'm just thankful to have it at all.

Nah, all straight-in, pull-ahead stalls still tops that easily. :p

But a total lack of pull-ahead is very odd at #1 highway site. I guess you could pull-in sideways and block two others & the non-charger stalls w/your trailer?

Has anyone heard of a second charging location being set up at the mall? My sister drove by and saw what she describes as something which "looks like it could be a charging station." She says it's near the building though (not typical of charging stations) and it's fenced off. I'm curious if it's one of the urban destination chargers or a different brand (PetroCan, etc) or nothing related to charging at all ;).

Has anyone heard of a second charging location being set up at the mall? My sister drove by and saw what she describes as something which "looks like it could be a charging station." She says it's near the building though (not typical of charging stations) and it's fenced off. I'm curious if it's one of the urban destination chargers or a different brand (PetroCan, etc) or nothing related to charging at all ;).

If it is at a Petro Canada station, it will be Petro Can charger.

I believe it's a Flo station. By Cineplex

Random comment: I find it a "happy making thing" that there are now regular discussions about "that's not a Tesla charger, that's an XXX charger site". Only five years ago it was crickets.
Agree - it's good to see! and I had forgotten about how widespread the Cricket charging network was 5 years ago, too bad they went under ;)

Agree - it's good to see! and I had forgotten about how widespread the Cricket charging network was 5 years ago, too bad they went under ;)

It wasn’t Cricket Charging, it was Peavey and Sun Country. I doubt much of the PetroCan stuff would exist without them first showing the need and allowing longer distance travel in Canada. I’ve said it before, shop there. They deserve our loyalty, we certainly got it from them.