Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Supercharger - Medway, ME

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suspect they are suffering the same fate as Woodstock, Salisbury, Quispam (I think) and Baileyville. The work mostly done, just need the actual pedestals which seem to be hard to come by.

There's a nationwide shortage of pedestals right now. I hear that GF3/Buffalo is building the version 3 equipment ... I wonder if they're also taking over production of pedestals, causing a temporary shortage while Tesla transitions from one manufacturing location to another (vertical integration, as well?).

Other sites waiting on equipment include Hudsonville, MI; Albert Lea - Happy Trails Lane, MN; Swartz Creek, MI; all three sites in New Brunswick, Canada; all three sites in Maine; ... the list goes on.

Not much going on today.

upload_2019-7-5_17-5-39.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: emupilot
Be sure to let Tesla know.

And when you do you'll probably hear the same thing that they told me... Which is how do you determine what to prioritize, building a network of superchargers across some remote place (in my case i was asking them about North Dakota) or building them where people are waiting in line every day of the week to use them (like in California).

Once I thought about it from that perspective I could appreciate the dilemma that they are in.

But in this case it isn't even that... They have this charger under construction, there's just a nationwide shortage of pedestals right now. Browse any of these "under construction" threads and you'll see that several of them are stuck at the exact same point of the project.

There are some rumors and conjecture that all the production of those parts was moved to the Gigafactory in New York, but no one (besides Tesla) knows that for certain. it just seems that many of them have stalled (pun intended) at this same point. So this one will be ready when the bottleneck of parts has been resolved.

• Funny
Reactions: JWardell
And there has to be some MAJOR sh** flying around at Tesla due to these delays, not like they aren't getting billed for all the work done to date and likely the least expensive part of the install is holding up so many stations that will start generating revenue day one.